ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP & Work permit at same time?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lion686

HSMP & Work permit at same time?

Post by lion686 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Guys,

If i have a valid HSMP Visa first & can my company file a Work permit Visa for me?

Will the BHC give WP when a valid HSMP is existing?

If the BHC gives a WP even when my HSMP is existing? Should i travel in WP or HSMP?

Please help me in this. thanks
Lion

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 pm

why would you change it from hsmp to wp
your ilr clock will restart if you do that
and then you can't leave your employer if want to as nicely as you can on hsmp

kck9
BANNED

Re: HSMP & Work permit at same time?

Post by kck9 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 pm

lion686 wrote:Guys,

If i have a valid HSMP Visa first & can my company file a Work permit Visa for me?

Will the BHC give WP when a valid HSMP is existing?

If the BHC gives a WP even when my HSMP is existing? Should i travel in WP or HSMP?

Please help me in this. thanks
cant see any reason y u want to change from HSMP to WP

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:10 am

Guys my problem is somewhat similar. I got HSMP approval on 13th Nov 2007. Now I am planning to start EC formalities. Here is where its getting tricky. My present employer is planning to send me to UK for a short term assignment in another 3 months time.
Now suppose I get EC by end of Jan 2008. will there be a issue when my employer files for work permit? Do I need to inform my employer that I have a HSMP approval?
A fren of mine informed me that if I receive the EC and later my company applies for your Business visa , HSMP will be invalidated, so technically the latest visa overrides the previous visa. Is that True?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:21 am

catchme1210 wrote:Guys my problem is somewhat similar. I got HSMP approval on 13th Nov 2007. Now I am planning to start EC formalities. Here is where its getting tricky. My present employer is planning to send me to UK for a short term assignment in another 3 months time.
Now suppose I get EC by end of Jan 2008. will there be a issue when my employer files for work permit? Do I need to inform my employer that I have a HSMP approval?
A fren of mine informed me that if I receive the EC and later my company applies for your Business visa , HSMP will be invalidated, so technically the latest visa overrides the previous visa. Is that True?
so when you get hsmp approval, then you tell him, you prefer the hsmp permit as it provides the flexibility for future visits and then turn it around on him and say would he like to sponsor your hsmp visa costs.
Last edited by SYH on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:26 am

SYH, I already got HSMP approval. I guess you meant after EC I should inform them so that they need not apply for business visa, right?

well in that case, I hope my employer doesn't cancel my travel plan fearing that I won't return back :)

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 am

catchme1210 wrote:SYH, I already got HSMP approval. I guess you meant after EC I should inform them so that they need not apply for business visa, right?

well in that case, I hope my employer doesn't cancel my travel plan fearing that I won't return back :)
Well if youhave aproval he shouldn't apply for wp either despite you don't have EC

lion686

Post by lion686 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:07 am

SYH,catchme1210

Thanks for coming to the rescue. Actually i had checked with a immigration consultant & confirmed that we cant have both HSMP & WP at the same time & the later(WP) would be issued only when u agree to cancel the former(HSMP).

Moreover, i have decided to inform my comp once i get the HSMP tat i will travel on this instead of they filing me a WP again. i hope this is best solution for this.. :idea:
Lion