ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa delays - Irish embassy in India

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HRH

Visa delays - Irish embassy in India

Post by HRH » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:29 am

Irish Embassy in India or from what I can see on this forum, department of immigration are deliberately delaying these applications. Unfortunately, it seems that there is no solution/ end to this charade.

I, my wife & son are British Citizens; relocated to India 2 yrs ago to look after my mother.
To avoid hassle of stamp 4 (which is big problem these days), I applied for a D Visa for her in India on 07 Jan'16.

I gave up my job anticipating that EU treaty visa would be issued on accelerated terms. & We are still waiting for decision on her Visa.

Our lives have come to a standstill as we have no clue what to do, where to do & how to do.

- Inspite of my property in London & our UK Nationality, we can't return home, as UK won't grant my mum the entry.
- Can't go to Ireland as they are taking forever to issue visa, if at all they intend to issue.
- Can't continue in India as I don't belong here & feel out of place. Even if I want to, then employers won't take me seriously after this long break.

As much as I appreciate the Authorities taking harsh measures to safeguard & protect their countries against the imminent threat of terrorism, human trafficking etc; I can't ignore the lack of common sense they have been demonstrating. Should they not be more just & transparent to ensure that the basic rights of law abiding citizens are not encroached?

Shall I blame my home country UK for not allowing my mum to join us OR Ireland which inspite of all provisions, is not issuing visa?
I feel disgusted to be a part of society where we don't even have to liberty of exercising/enjoying the basic human right of being together with our loved one/ families.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Re: Visa delays - Irish embassy in India

Post by Hamza2013 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi HRH,

I can totally understand your frustration. There are too many people in the chain to blame to for the time being we will need to face the reality.

In your case, i am just wondering why you didn't think to be based in Ireland and start working here until your family joined you?

Also, things will be more clearer after referendum,

All the best !

HRH

Post by HRH » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi Hamza,

I completely agree with you that I am not the only one whose life is torn apart between countries & you are right whether we like it or not, we must face the reality.

My frustration is because of huge discrepancy between what should happen by the book & what is happening.

Since I am already in India, I believe it's best if the whole family immigrate together. If I move to Ireland, I am not sure how long would they take to issue my mum's visa if at all they do; plus we have to wind things here in India which would take about a month or so as we don't have any close family to rely on in India. Once I hear from them, then I can make a move to put things like rental apartment in place before my family arrives there... But looking at reality, everything looks up in the air..

I really hope that things get clear after the referendum.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU TOO.

cheers

NSL
Newly Registered

Post by NSL » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:27 am

Hi HRH,

Was wondering if your application has gone any ahead ? I am in the same boat and my application has been with the Irish embassy for over 8 weeks now.

Thanks !