ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 shortage visa- premium service date was 4 weeks ago

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Finley333
Newly Registered

Tier 2 shortage visa- premium service date was 4 weeks ago

Post by Finley333 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I have a US passport and applied for a Tier 2 - general (shortage) visa on 19/5/16 in person at the Croydon Premium Service Centre. After waiting at the center for 7 hours they decided that they needed more time to make a decision. I was then given a stock letter that explained I am not to contact them and they will contact me once the have made their decision. This has now been 4 weeks of being unable to work at my previous job and being unable to start my new job. Is there any sort of times as for how long they can take to make a decision?

Originally entered the UK in 8/2012 on a Tier 5 (sportsperson) visa. Then applied for a Tier 2(sportsperson visa in 8/2013 and was on that visa until this year. My company had their sponsorship license was out on suspension on 1/8/15 and finally had their visa revoked on 18/3/16 with my visa curtailed until 25/5/16. I have found a new company to sponsor me and that is who my new visa application is with. The lawyers for my new company are less than helpful and don't seem to be able to say when this decision process may end.

I need to know how much longer I am going to have to sustain myself being unable to work and unable to travel back and live with family for free.

Thank you for any help!!

lugansk
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 shortage visa- premium service date was 4 weeks a

Post by lugansk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:58 am

Hi Finley333,

Did you finally hear from Home Office? I might switch to premium service after 5 months of waiting via postal service.
I received the exceptionally complex letter. Thinking if it's worth opting for premium service?

Thanks