ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Naturlisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aarav2015
Newly Registered

Child Naturlisation

Post by Aarav2015 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi ,

My son came to UK on Feb 2016 with ILR ( Processed from India ). I got recently naturalised in May. My wife holds ILR. My son is 1 year old now. Can I apply for my son Naturalization? I read few posts in the forum and could see the child should stay 2 years in the country before applying for Naturalization. I hope I need apply under the category section 3 (1).

Any help is very much appreaciated.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Child Naturlisation

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Aarav2015 wrote:My son came to UK on Feb 2016 with ILR ( Processed from India ).
Do you mean that the child has ILE?

You have said in this post that your wife would be eligible for ILR in 2019. Are you sure she has ILR in her own right or do you mean that she is an ILR dependent?

The child can be registered under Section 3(1) when atleast one parent is a British citizen and if not a British citizen, the other parent has ILR.

The form to use is Form MN1. Read the guide, especially pages 12-14, in great detail.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Aarav2015 wrote:Hi ,

I read few posts in the forum and could see the child should stay 2 years in the country before applying for Naturalization. I hope I need apply under the category section 3 (1).
Such a young child (pre-teenage) does not need to clock up 2 years residence in UK for a section 3(1) application. No specific time period is specified.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:41 pm

noajthan wrote:
Aarav2015 wrote:Hi ,

I read few posts in the forum and could see the child should stay 2 years in the country before applying for Naturalization. I hope I need apply under the category section 3 (1).
Such a young child (pre-teenage) does not need to clock up 2 years residence in UK for a section 3(1) application. No specific time period is specified.
+1 but both parents need to be settled (ILR or BC) for registration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.