ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit and EEA2 for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irishkin
Newly Registered

Post by irishkin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:58 pm

Does anybody have any experience/knowledge with the following situation.

My parents are non-EU nationals while I am a naturalized Dutch citizen, living and working in the UK. My parents have come to visit me a couple of times on EEA Family Permit, we were planning to apply for EEA2 at some point for them but nothing urgent. But now, I was about to do an application for a new EEA Family Permit and noticed that the forms have changed significantly and in particular you have to prove financial dependency, elaborate on their living unit in home country, etc.In addition a visa officer tells me that EEAFP was issued in error as it is ony intended for those who go to UK to settle not just for visits. So whole thing is much more complicated, and not sure how to prove financial dependency, nobody can give clear guidance for docs etc.

The current EEAFP they have expires at the end of January - so I am wondering if we should apply for EEA2 straight away while the current EEAFP is valid, otherwise who knows if we can get it again.

Questions - what are our chances to get EEA2 approved? It seems the form is not asking anything about dependency, only the relationship and my financial capabilities. Is it indeed so? Don't they want to check it for EEA2 and only check it at the stage of granting entry clearance, i.e. EEA Family Permit? Am I missing smth? EEA2 form seems to easy!

So what are our chances, and we get refused EEA2, how can we enter the country again? Won't the visa officer refuse any visa by default (even visitor) when they apply under pretext that they tried to stay in the UK and failed, and may stay illegaly if granted a visitor visa? That would be a disaster.

Can anybody comment?
Thanks!!

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:15 pm

a visa officer tells me that EEAFP was issued in error as it is ony intended for those who go to UK to settle not just for visits
I am sorry to tell you this, but the visa officer is entirely wrong. Check the DSPs for proof.

My suggestion would be to apply for the Residence Crad ASAP and put them down in all the bills and council tax papers etc to show co-habitation if you have not done so by now. If they want proof of dependence, before refusing, they must send you a letter and request you to provide it and cannot otherwise do so at a whim.

irishkin
Newly Registered

Post by irishkin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:49 am

JA131

Thanks for your reply. You say "check the DSPs for proof" - what's DSP?

I am inclined exactly that - apply for residence card ASAP, but what worries me still, if they refuse does it mean they can never get any other visa again because ECO will think they'll stay here.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:03 pm

irishkin wrote:what's DSP?
Diplomatic Service Procedures or Entry Clearance Guidance, in particular, 21.4 - The EEA family permit.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.