ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child First British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohdiqbal79
Newly Registered

Child First British Passport

Post by mohdiqbal79 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:59 am

I am a non-British mother of the child who has a claim for British citizenship by decent, having been born abroad to a parent (father) who is a British citizen otherwise than by descent.

I am applying for the child first British passport. The child is currently living abroad with me. The child's father (a British citizen otherwise than by descent) is currently in UK.

My Question is:
  • Should I, as the non-British mother of the child (living with the child abroad), fill the online passport application or should it be filled by the British father (who is in UK)

What supporting documents needs to be sent? Also clarify if it needs to be original or photocopies.

crisbella218
China

Re: Child First British Passport

Post by crisbella218 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am

Did you get a consular birth certificate from the British embassy in your country? If so that is good for applying for your child's British passport.

The application should be completed in the location that the child is now. If someone submits an application in the UK and is born overseas they will require the passport they entered the UK on to be submitted.

YOu will also need to provide passports for yourself and husband. I'm not exactly sure if needs to be original for application aboard. I did mine for my son in the Uk and originals where needed, but we did it through the appointment system.

mohdiqbal79
Newly Registered

Re: Child First British Passport

Post by mohdiqbal79 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:40 am

crisbella218 wrote:Did you get a consular birth certificate from the British embassy in your country? If so that is good for applying for your child's British passport.

The application should be completed in the location that the child is now. If someone submits an application in the UK and is born overseas they will require the passport they entered the UK on to be submitted.

YOu will also need to provide passports for yourself and husband. I'm not exactly sure if needs to be original for application aboard. I did mine for my son in the Uk and originals where needed, but we did it through the appointment system.
Hi Crisbella,

Thank you for your post.

In addition to the information that you have provided, I found a document which is very helpful:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _09.15.PDF