ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application in July - Need "small" advise

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application in July - Need "small" advise

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:28 am

Hi ,

I am due to apply for my naturalisation in July (next month.) Infact, I have already taken an appointment for 16th of July (NCS). I qualify through Tier 1 (G) -> ILR -> 1 year..
Upto, 2015, I was a permanent employed. I have tax returns/P60s etc for all the years. Since April-2016, I am self employed (IT contractor). I have a letter from HMRC (received 3-4 days back), stating my tax history. This letter also includes information that I am self employed since 2015.
Documents I plan to take to NCS are
1. Application form - AN
2. Passport Application form
3. Photograph
4. Indian Passport
5. ILR BRP
6. Payment advise form
7. Life in UK test report
8. IELTS - I used this to get my Tier 1 G and ILR. I got my ILR last year June, so I think I am not required to take this document, but just in case, I will take this
9. Tax history which I have received 3-4 days back.

Based on this information, I have 3 questions for all the honourable members.

1. Are all these documents enough or anyone sees any issue ?
2. The day, I have my NCS appointment (10:10 in the morning), I am flying out to India the same evening. Does someone see any issue ? Shall I mention about this leave in the application form ? My appointment is on Saturday and am flying out on Saturday and HO will receive my application most likely on Monday or Tuesday, so what do seniors advise ? I am coming back to UK on 1st August so will be able to do my biometric thereafter.
3. My wife and daughter are also due for naturalisation (They both ILR and entered the UK in 2010). I am planning to apply for them after they return from India in September 1st week. Is it ok or anyone sees any issue ?
Many thanks

shoopshoop
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Application in July - Need "small" advise

Post by shoopshoop » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Make sure you have all the old passports dating back to five years previous, plus any older ones if they hold your visa in it. I had to call my husband to bring in my passport from previous to the five yr QP as it had my initial visa in it, ancestry, I also had the passport that was in effect five years ago which had the ILR in it and then finally my current passport!

Obviously its very clear but make sure you were in the country five years previous to the day of your appointment and that your passport was valid on that day... turns out my passport had lapsed for 60 days as I was having a baby in the local hospital, stupid of me but I didn't even realise there was 60 day gap in my passports so there was a mild panic at the checking service appointment but they were great and said we could return later that day with the P60 that covered that period and it would be fine... fingers crossed he was right ((gulp))

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Thanks for your response.
I will carry on old passport also which has my initial Tier 1 stamped and an entry date of UK stamped (in 2010).
Tell me one thing, If I am applying in July 2016, will they (NCS) look at my passport to find out where I was in 2011 ? I did travel to India in 2011 but in November. In July 2011, I was in UK only.

Can someone please advise of on question 2 and 3 ?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:56 pm

rukmesh wrote: Tell me one thing, If I am applying in July 2016, will they (NCS) look at my passport to find out where I was in 2011 ? I did travel to India in 2011 but in November. In July 2011, I was in UK only.
NCS will not be doing anything other than copying passport, forms etc and sense checking your application and checking you submit the required documents (in this case a passport covering 5 years).

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Thanks ..

Can I travel outside the same night ? Shall I mention the absence in the application form for this ?

Is it ok to apply for my wife and daughter after 2 months of my application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:25 pm

rukmesh wrote:Thanks ..

Can I travel outside the same night ? Shall I mention the absence in the application form for this ? Yes, you can travel. No you don't have to mention it.

Is it ok to apply for my wife and daughter after 2 months of my application ? Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:35 pm

rukmesh wrote:Thanks ..

Can I travel outside the same night ? Shall I mention the absence in the application form for this ?

Is it ok to apply for my wife and daughter after 2 months of my application ?
Should be OK to travel as long as you are back in time to submit biometrics and answer any queries your case worker may have.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks a lot..

All my questions are answered now .. :-) I am at peace.. Thanks so much ..