ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ishwarch

Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

Post by Ishwarch » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:18 pm

I need help on the below query.

I have applied for Citizenship in Feb 23rd (All family together) through Brent NSC (under Pilot Scheme).
I have not received an approval yet.

My Wife and kids are planning to travel to India from [b]Jul last week to Till Sept 2nd[/b].
I am planning to travel to India from [b]13th Aug to till 2nd Sept[/b].

My question are as follows;

1. I have my passport and BRP card with me. As per rule it not advisable to travel outside UK, when your application is in process. [b][u][color=#FF0000]Can I travel[/color][/u][/b]?
2. Do I need notify this with Home Office?
3. If I travel, No one will be on the address from 13th Aug to Sept 2nd. Is it possible to divert letters (I know it can be done in Post office) or provide friends home address (staying in same area) to deliver the letters during our holiday period (Sticking note on Flat door)?

If I understand correctly Home office approval letters will be special delivery and needs signature of applicant.

Please let me know on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:28 pm

1. There is no such rule that you can't travel.

2. No

3. Do a Royal Mail redirection or give your 'friend' a key to check your mail. Bear in mind that mail redirection can delay post by up to 3 weeks.
If I understand correctly Home office approval letters will be special delivery and needs signature of applicant.
No, approval letters come in a standard brown A5 envelope.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ishwarch

Re: Travel outside UK while MN1 is under processing?

Post by Ishwarch » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:58 pm

CR001 wrote:1. There is no such rule that you can't travel.

2. No

3. Do a Royal Mail redirection or give your 'friend' a key to check your mail. Bear in mind that mail redirection can delay post by up to 3 weeks.
No, approval letters come in a standard brown A5 envelope.
Thanks a lot for quick response.
Now I can travel happily. :) :)