ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Second wife after Divorce

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

green599

Visa for Second wife after Divorce

Post by green599 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:49 am

Hello All,

I need some help regarding visa application for my wife.

Here are the details,

I applied for the dependent visa for my first wife in 2012 when I was on Tier 1 (PSW) visa which was granted, then extended my visa to Tier 2 General with my dependant which was granted in 2013.

Last year in May 2015 I got separated from my wife after my marriage broke down. I informed UKBA in May 2015 but I didn’t received any confirmation, I wrote them again after 3 months and I received a confirmation that they have received the information and they are working on the case, I received the divorce absolute decree in December 2015 and on January 2016 I received a letter from UKBA that they have decided not to curtail the leave to remain of my dependant and they have decided this after assessing all the information available.

I got married again in March 2016 back home (Pakistan),
Now I am about to apply for my Tier two extension and after that I will be applying for my dependants visa from PK.

I will provide following documents with my dependant visa application.

1 sponsor letter from
2 My Passport and Biometric card copies (attested)
3 Divorce papers
4 Letter from the curtailment team (previous dependant)
5 My Bank statements.
6 wedding Pics
7 Flat lease documents.

I have tried to do everything according to law, my question is that am I missing anything?
or have I done anything wrong so far that my wife’s visa can be refused ?

Can anyone please shed some light on my case?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for Second wife after Divorce

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:58 am

My concern would be that you can't have more than one spouse dependants in the UK at one time. If the HO have decided not to curtail her visa, under which category of leave is she now considered to be under? :?
Are the HO aware that you are now divorced following your previous notification of separation?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

green599

Post by green599 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:24 am

Thanks for the quick reply Casa,

that bothers me too that on what status she was to stay....
I don’t mind if she wants to live here and UKBA have no problem with it.
I am not in contact with her at all so can’t really tell where she at the moment..
Last thing I heard about her was that she got married back in PK before charismas 2015 …
She was a Doctor and she was working in UK Hospital when we separated. She might have benefited from her job or something..

My divorce was in progress when I informed second time UKBA and I got Absolute decree in Dec 2015 and final (second) letter from UKBA in Januray 2016.

There are no more details on the two letters that received from UKBA regarding this case..all they told me is that they cannot tell me more details due to the Data protection act.
I am not really concerned of her status as she is not wife anymore, I am only concerned about my newlywed wife’s visa. I am trying to put together all the documents I needs..
Just making sure that I am not forgetting anything.
Last edited by green599 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:28 am

Stand by for comments by others who may have experience with a similar situation. To be honest, it's the first time I've come across this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello,

My situation is exactly the same as yours. I got married in 2012 june and applied for a Tier 1 PSW for my husband. Then in May 2014 I have applied for the tier 2 dependant. We have decided to get seperated and I have dropped my divorce petition in may. I have recived mt decree nisi and waiting to apply for the decree absolute.

In this situation I am getting married in September 2016 back in India. I believe I will get my decree absolute before that.

My concern is when should I inform UKBA about our broken relationship.And once I inform them until he gets a curtailment letter is it alright for him to live here (may be until end of sep).

My fiance will be planning to mak ehis application in sep after our wedding :'(

So after reading your post I am really worried what if they don grant him(my new husband) permission as a dependant.

please can you tell me what happened in your case have you got the visa for ur new wife.

pls help me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:23 pm

sangeetharaman89 wrote:Hello,

My situation is exactly the same as yours. I got married in 2012 june and applied for a Tier 1 PSW for my husband. Then in May 2014 I have applied for the tier 2 dependant. We have decided to get seperated and I have dropped my divorce petition in may. I have recived mt decree nisi and waiting to apply for the decree absolute.

In this situation I am getting married in September 2016 back in India. I believe I will get my decree absolute before that.

My concern is when should I inform UKBA about our broken relationship.And once I inform them until he gets a curtailment letter is it alright for him to live here (may be until end of sep).

My fiance will be planning to mak ehis application in sep after our wedding :'(

So after reading your post I am really worried what if they don grant him(my new husband) permission as a dependant.

please can you tell me what happened in your case have you got the visa for ur new wife.

pls help me
The OP has not applied yet. Please continue in your own topic to avoid confusion when members respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

green599

Post by green599 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Anything you recommend CR001 regarding my case ?

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Green599:: Just a small thought about your situation ..not an expert or something just thought may be worth saying what just came in my mind.. because yo are saying your exwife is a doctor may be she muct have got sponsorship or something and obtained a visa and UKBA din want to share that information with you instead they are saying they cant curtail her visa. :roll:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:28 pm

sangeetharaman89 wrote:Green599:: Just a small thought about your situation ..not an expert or something just thought may be worth saying what just came in my mind.. because yo are saying your exwife is a doctor may be she muct have got sponsorship or something and obtained a visa and UKBA din want to share that information with you instead they are saying they cant curtail her visa. :roll:
+1 I had the same thought. It's quite possible that she qualified under a different visa category.
(Casa, not CR001)

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Is there can be any other reasons they cant curtail the dependant visa other than they qualify for some other category? What do you think of my situation casa ?(Sorry if this is inappropriate place to discuss rather than on my post) I don know how to discuss this in my post :?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:44 pm

sangeetharaman89 wrote:Is there can be any other reasons they cant curtail the dependant visa other than they qualify for some other category? What do you think of my situation casa ?(Sorry if this is inappropriate place to discuss rather than on my post) I don know how to discuss this in my post :?
Here's you thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1362421
(Casa, not CR001)