ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP doesn't scan/match biometrics at airport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vlad04
Newly Registered

BRP doesn't scan/match biometrics at airport

Post by vlad04 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 am

Hi

This evening I returned from a trip overseas and presented my Brp and passport to the officer at the airport on landing. However despite scanning the card and trying the biometrics 3-4 times, it wouldn't work. Eventually the officer used my passport to check the biometric records and let me in. She remarked that it was highly unusual and wasn't sure if I might have the same problem next time.

Any idea what the problem could be? Brp was issued in March.

vinny

Re: BRP doesn't scan/match biometrics at airport

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:57 am

Faulty?

Perhaps it was near a leaky microwave or something?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jibon

Post by jibon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:43 am

Dear vlad04,
I am not surprised for the issue. It's very common in technology.

If immigration system had some technical issues then they were unable to scan your passport to check your data.

I am sure your BRP is faulty. Contact with home office with the issues for replacing the BRP.

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:31 pm

I assume it's not likely to have been an ILR cancellation issue, as that would have flagged on my profile in their system and they would not have let me through?

I have no reason to believe it might be, other than that the officer remarked lightly that "it could have been cancelled, but that is highly unlikely." She might also have been referring to the BRP rather than the ILR, but it did make me a bit nervous.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 am

Well it seems like there was an IT issue on both Heathrow and Gatwick this weekend as it was in news this morning in Metro