ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA- partner got new passport- do I need to inform HO?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jr03xq
Newly Registered

EEA- partner got new passport- do I need to inform HO?

Post by jr03xq » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello,
I am an unmarried partner of an EEA national and I applied in Jan. for the EEA2 residence card. About a month ago I asked for his passport back but never received it. He can travel to Ireland on his driving license, so he went and applied for an emergency passport. Now that he has this new passport, do I need to let the Home Office know?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA- partner got new passport- do I need to inform HO?

Post by Obie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Why was he given an emergency passport, when he had one?

He cannot have 2 passports in tandem.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jr03xq
Newly Registered

Post by jr03xq » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Hello

I just spoke to him. Apparently I misunderstood. Since he can fly to Ireland on his driving license there was no need for the passport. He had talked about trying to get on from the Irish Embassy before he figured this out. I guess I mixed up the information.
At least you helped me clarify my mistake. That would have been a stupid phone call to HO.

Thanks!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:14 am

jr03xq wrote:Hello

I just spoke to him. Apparently I misunderstood. Since he can fly to Ireland on his driving license there was no need for the passport. He had talked about trying to get on from the Irish Embassy before he figured this out. I guess I mixed up the information.
At least you helped me clarify my mistake. That would have been a stupid phone call to HO.

Thanks!
And if you/partner had managed to talk the embassy into issuing a replacement passport you probably would have found the original has been cancelled.
Or HO could have found that out when they tried to check it out and establish the applicant's identity. Doh!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.