ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to understand if tax amendment is now complete

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silentwarrior
Newly Registered

How to understand if tax amendment is now complete

Post by silentwarrior » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:41 am

Dear Admin
I do apologize if this is something I must not ask in this forum.
But would really appreciate if someone can possibly advise me please.
Can you please advise how I can make sure the amendment is complete by HMRC? I have received the new bill with interest and paid the full. Hmrc online account is now showing no balance is due to pay. But obviously there SA302 is still coming up with old figures. I know that Sa302 might to get updated at all. But as the payment is all done and paid. And hmrc Web account shows no balance is due. Hence does this confirm if the amendment process has been completed? May I please request you or the respected admin to clarify me on this process. It would be very kind and helpful. Thanks.

jibon

Re: How to understand if tax amendment is now complete

Post by jibon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:13 am

Dear silentwarrior,
While you checking the SA302 online its showing the old figure. Thats mean it's not updated. It's very easy to understand.

If you want to update the figure better contact with HMRC and request them to update. Only HMRC can help you in this situation.

silentwarrior
Newly Registered

Post by silentwarrior » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 am

jibon wrote:Dear silentwarrior,
While you checking the SA302 online its showing the old figure. Thats mean it's not updated. It's very easy to understand.

If you want to update the figure better contact with HMRC and request them to update. Only HMRC can help you in this situation.

Ji Jibon

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Spoken with HMRC but they are keep saying that your
sa302 can't be updated as the the window is closed but
we can send you a revised tax calculation which will show an updated figures. Is this correct? May I please ask if your online
Tax calculation which was submitted at the first time (not the assessment) is now showing all updated figures. Your help will be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:46 am

@ silentwarrior
If you received the bill and paid accordingly then the amendment process is done with HMRC and there is no doubt on that. However how it is processed on HMRC end and it will serve your purpose or not that is different!

If the amendment done after 12 months of the deadline then not all the amendment reflect on the SA302. On your case its updated on SA302 or not, you can know that in following ways ...

1. when HMRC sent you the amended new bill, if they do not update that on SA302 then they will mention ... you are too late to amend this and this assessment allow us to collect the additional tax (this is no exact wording but will be similar to this) and on the revised tax calculation it could be mentioned Revenue assessment.

2. You can call them and if you request then that you want to know the SA302 figures for a particular year (I asked and then the inform over phone), also you can order SA302 to post you.

3. From your HMRC online account: go to View account- tax year- then choose the concern year. then for that year you will see Tax, interest, penalties etc. If you click on tax then you will get a breakdown of the tax for that particular year and if the additional tax added there with "Revenue assessment" on description then it will not reflect on your SA302.

Hope this will help you to know your amendment status clearly. Good luck with your journey.....

silentwarrior
Newly Registered

Post by silentwarrior » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:08 am

Abc499 wrote:@ silentwarrior
If you received the bill and paid accordingly then the amendment process is done with HMRC and there is no doubt on that. However how it is processed on HMRC end and it will serve your purpose or not that is different!

If the amendment done after 12 months of the deadline then not all the amendment reflect on the SA302. On your case its updated on SA302 or not, you can know that in following ways ...

1. when HMRC sent you the amended new bill, if they do not update that on SA302 then they will mention ... you are too late to amend this and this assessment allow us to collect the additional tax (this is no exact wording but will be similar to this) and on the revised tax calculation it could be mentioned Revenue assessment.

2. You can call them and if you request then that you want to know the SA302 figures for a particular year (I asked and then the inform over phone), also you can order SA302 to post you.

3. From your HMRC online account: go to View account- tax year- then choose the concern year. then for that year you will see Tax, interest, penalties etc. If you click on tax then you will get a breakdown of the tax for that particular year and if the additional tax added there with "Revenue assessment" on description then it will not reflect on your SA302.

Hope this will help you to know your amendment status clearly. Good luck with your journey.....

Thank you ever so much for this clarification. Very much appreciated.

When I surf, View account- tax year- then choose the concern year.I can indeed see Tax, interest, penalties etc with "Revenue assessment" line at the end.

Does this mean that I have to chase up HMRC again to request to update this figure in my Tax calculation (yearly tax breakdown)? Is this is a must to averse the trouble?

Or as long as this revenue assessment is up to date (which it is now), does this imply that I can now apply to HO (considering that an amendment is complete)
I just need to know if there is anything I must do or request HMRC to update prior to my application.

As I will be applying for T1 G (ILR) next month hence would this updated revenue assessment figure would be suffice?

If not, and if its important to get the calculation to be updated as well? then may I please ask exactly which team I should Phone up? is it the Compliance team or normal Customer Service team?

I am really confused on this :( and would would be grateful to have your advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:14 am

You should be aware that a great many of the Tier1-G refusals on the forum have been due to amendments to tax returns only being made close to applying for ILR and are considered to be deception. Only you will know if this applies to your case.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

silentwarrior
Newly Registered

Post by silentwarrior » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:19 am

Casa wrote:You should be aware that a great many of the Tier1-G refusals on the forum have been due to amendments to tax returns only being made close to applying for ILR and are considered to be deception. Only you will know if this applies to your case.

This is very true and this is what most of us are worried about :(
But it would be helpful to understand if there is anything I need to do on Amendment process?
At least then we can be satisfied (so called satisfaction) that one part is done.

Please kindly advise.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:47 am

@ silentwarrior

If you see on your online account that additional tax showing as revenue assessment then as far as I know this will not be updated on SA302. As I mention if you call HMRC self assessment number they will be able to confirm your SA302 figures on request. I am afraid if they says they will not update on SA302, then no other way to update on SA302.

As Moderator mention amendment close to ILR application is considerate to be deception (at least in current scenario), is very true. T1G recent refusals mostly on this ground. However you know better about your figures and facts which applies to you. So be prepare accordingly how you can establish/explain that the amendment was due to genuine mistake (if require). May be the caseworker take decision considering all the facts related to this too. few got approval too with amendment too but its surely amendment is now alarming to the case worker!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:58 am

As there are tax issues, I would strongly advise a postal application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

silentwarrior
Newly Registered

Post by silentwarrior » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:00 pm

Dear Both,

You guys are Star ! I must say

Thank you for your kind advice. I will be posting my application going forward.
I have just checked my HMRC account for an individual tax year.

The One I have amended states exactly below when clicked on "Tax' tab:

"Revenue assessment to be paid on 19 Jun 2016"

I have paid that due amount on 23rd of may. Does this mean that it will eventually update anytime after today? which will also then reflect in tax calculation? presume that they have given this window for completing the payment when first requested for this amendment.

silentwarrior
Newly Registered

Post by silentwarrior » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:21 pm

jibon wrote:Dear silentwarrior,

Dear Jibon

The One I have amended states exactly below when clicked on "Tax' tab:

"Revenue assessment to be paid on 19 Jun 2016"

I have paid that due amount on 23rd of may. Does this mean that it will eventually update anytime after today? which will also then reflect in tax calculation? presume that they have given this window for completing the payment when first requested for this amendment.

Professionhuman

Post by Professionhuman » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Plz advice about hmrc giving deadline on deadlines since five month coming to end .Also update about helpful contact no or process to speed up the process.In the end useful contact no to update the figure on all system .plz help

motoaxis
Newly Registered

Post by motoaxis » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:22 pm

@silentwarrior

I wish you good luck with your application.

My advice is when you make your application make sure you provide HO with as much as information as possible to defend yourself for the amendments. If needed get a letter from a proper chartered accountant with the reasons and proofs with all the paid receipts and everything else you have with you. DON'T give them SA302 if it is not UPDATED.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:29 am

@ Professionhuman
call this no 03000582415. this is revenue department no ask about your amendments . They will tell you about your amendments . i have done the same thing and within 10 days after i called them they update my amendments .
hope this will help.

Professionhuman

Post by Professionhuman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Recieved response as per you no provided however hmrc saying they cannot do ammendant and neither sa302 be update for 2011 as it will show old figure
They are saying we not accepting your ammendant and will do reassement of our own .Through they are charging the same as on accountant letter with interested .it will not reflect on sa302 as spoke to customer services so plz advice solution