ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport counter signatory and naturalisation refree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bobby123456

British passport counter signatory and naturalisation refree

Post by Bobby123456 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi

I am applying for naturalisation and British passport together using nationality checking service am I correct in saying that I do not need to fill section 10 for countersignatory on passport form as I already have two referees in section 5 of AN naturalisation form.

Guys please advise as my appointment is in two days time can't find any reference to this anywhere and want to clear.

Many thanks

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: British passport counter signatory and naturalisation re

Post by ScopeD » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:44 pm

One of the two referees for your Naturalisation application should be a British citizen anyway. Why can you just get them to countersign the passport application at the same time if you are not sure?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: British passport counter signatory and naturalisation re

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:18 am

Bobby123456 wrote:Hi

I am applying for naturalisation and British passport together using nationality checking service am I correct in saying that I do not need to fill section 10 for countersignatory on passport form as I already have two referees in section 5 of AN naturalisation form.

Guys please advise as my appointment is in two days time can't find any reference to this anywhere and want to clear.

Many thanks
If you are applying for them together through a JCAP participating council then you do not need to complete section 10. Many of the JCAP participating councils have updated their websites to reflect this. Suggest you contact the one you are applying through if in doubt. E.g. Website http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20051 ... rvice_jcap