ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dual nationality, dual names, inc China

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yesmaybe
Newly Registered

dual nationality, dual names, inc China

Post by yesmaybe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello,

My son was born in China to a Chinese mother and English father. He was issued a dual language birth certificate but lists only his real English name. He was then given a Chinese ID (hukou) and a Chinese passport both bearing a new Chinese name (very different). We applied for a UK passport which matches his birth certificate. We then extracted him from China on his Chinese passport and via a third country entered the UK on his UK passport. This was nine months ago and so he is technically overstaying his visa for Sri Lanka in his Chinese passport.

We would like to return to China this summer for two weeks only, flying direct from England to China. I would like to apply for a simple tourist visa on his UK passport but I see the application for youngsters asks for the parents passports and ask about former nationality, tricky. I can see problems applying for a Chinese visa in his UK passport without admitting to his Chinese passport.

I have also heard that HK and China immigration 'talk' to each other and so flying to HK and then using his Chinese passport to enter the mainland will cause problems, not least because he won't have an entry stamp in HK but a very old stamp into Sri Lanka...

I have read very similar issues on this site and others (for issues for example from a ash4uk on this site) where they talk of a blue permit being issued by the Chinese Embassy in London as an entry/exit permit for an alleged Chinese national. Could this apply for my son who clearly still holds a Chinese passport? What is the process for this and what will happen on arrival in China, does he need to revoke his Chinese citizenship, or so forth?

Any advise greatly appreciated/