ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI for students before 20 June 2011

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldfinch
Newly Registered

CSI for students before 20 June 2011

Post by goldfinch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Hello,

I have been a student at the University of Leeds starting October 2010 and ending July 2014. I am currently in the process of getting the proper documentation supporting the fact that I had my medical insurance in Lithuania.

For now, what I had obtained is form E104 with all of the dates listed. I was planning to apostille it and then translate it, but our local lawyers are disagreeing on the fact that this document can be legalised in Lithuania. I will probably take care of that in one or the other way, but for now it's a failed option.

I have also read through the document over here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf and I believe I do not properly understand this specific clause:
2) the transitional arrangements being introduced for EEA nationals
applying for documentary evidence of a right of permanent residence
on the basis of being a student where they have been issued with a
registration certificate before 20th June 2011.
My question is: does that mean that CSI is not required in my case, or does this mean that it would not be required if I would have finished my university degree by that time?

Thanks.

noajthan

Re: CSI for students before 20 June 2011

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:18 pm

goldfinch wrote:Hello,

I have been a student at the University of Leeds starting October 2010 and ending July 2014. I am currently in the process of getting the proper documentation supporting the fact that I had my medical insurance in Lithuania.

I have also read through the document over here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf and I believe I do not properly understand this specific clause:

My question is: does that mean that CSI is not required in my case, or does this mean that it would not be required if I would have finished my university degree by that time?

Thanks.
It means you don't have to show you had CSI if you had a RC issued to you as a student in or before a specific date in 2011.

Other alternatives to CSI cover could be a foreign-issued EHIC;
or if you were covered by a foreign health policy from home country; eg health cover via a parent's policy.

if you didn't have any of CSI/foreign EHIC/student RC/foreign health policy then your student time won't have contributed towards acquiring PR as your PR clock would have been stopped.

Unless ofcourse you could have been sponsored by another EEA sponsor at that time (eg a parent in UK and exercising treaty rights).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Metabog
Newly Registered

Post by Metabog » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:22 pm

I just received my PR on Saturday. I didn't have CSI for my 5 years a student but explained very clearly in my cover letter that I had a yellow registration certificate from when I was a student in 2009. Clearly it worked as I got my PR. So if you had a yellow RC from before 2011 yes, you are exempt from CSI.

Skinny26
Newly Registered

Post by Skinny26 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Metabog wrote:I just received my PR on Saturday. I didn't have CSI for my 5 years a student but explained very clearly in my cover letter that I had a yellow registration certificate from when I was a student in 2009. Clearly it worked as I got my PR. So if you had a yellow RC from before 2011 yes, you are exempt from CSI.

When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

Trying to get an idea of timeline as I see very different responses - obviously it depends on personal circumstances, but it's still helpful to get an idea.

Thank you!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:51 pm

See PR timeline thread for current members' experiences of timelines for applications in flight.

Metabog
Newly Registered

Post by Metabog » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Skinny26 wrote:
Metabog wrote:I just received my PR on Saturday. I didn't have CSI for my 5 years a student but explained very clearly in my cover letter that I had a yellow registration certificate from when I was a student in 2009. Clearly it worked as I got my PR. So if you had a yellow RC from before 2011 yes, you are exempt from CSI.

When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

Trying to get an idea of timeline as I see very different responses - obviously it depends on personal circumstances, but it's still helpful to get an idea.

Thank you!
I applied in late march and received it this Saturday.

goldfinch
Newly Registered

Post by goldfinch » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:31 pm

The EHIC I've had only had an expiry date on it. How come they can tell if I have ever been covered by that card at that specific period of time?

In the case of a non-EHIC route - what kind of documents would be accepted by the UKVI?

I have currently obtained a form E104 from our local health services which is stamped stating that fact (it's unfortunately in Lithuanian, and I am planning on getting an apostille and translating it) and a letter from the director of the local office stating that I was supported by the Lithuanian health cover. I am however having issues obtaining an apostille for the E104, but I hope I will sort that out.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 am

goldfinch wrote:The EHIC I've had only had an expiry date on it. How come they can tell if I have ever been covered by that card at that specific period of time?

In the case of a non-EHIC route - what kind of documents would be accepted by the UKVI?

I have currently obtained a form E104 from our local health services which is stamped stating that fact (it's unfortunately in Lithuanian, and I am planning on getting an apostille and translating it) and a letter from the director of the local office stating that I was supported by the Lithuanian health cover. I am however having issues obtaining an apostille for the E104, but I hope I will sort that out.
Each EU country seems to issue EHICs valid for different time periods. You'll have to google yours and see what that time period is.

Apart from CSI and foreign EHIC, I'm aware of student RC (from in/before July 2011);
I'm not sure about other documents apart from some sort of foreign health policy.
If E104 is accepted (not sure),yes, you will have to have it officially translated (or it risks being disregarded).

goldfinch
Newly Registered

Post by goldfinch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:20 am

Do you believe a translation is enough, if it is accepted by the case workers? Or do they expect me to go through the process of full document legalization?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:09 pm

goldfinch wrote:Do you believe a translation is enough, if it is accepted by the case workers? Or do they expect me to go through the process of full document legalization?
The PR guidance (Gov UK website) simply says something like "official translation" by an 'official translator'.

goldfinch
Newly Registered

Post by goldfinch » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:57 am

I find this extremely amusing, given how strict they are about the rules in general.

abtx
Newly Registered

Post by abtx » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Are student RCs yellow? I've got an RC from before June 2011, I was a student at the Universtiy back then, I think the application was made for entire family, but my card is blue.