ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP WITH URGENT SPOUSE VISA QUESTIONS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xhesika

PLEASE HELP WITH URGENT SPOUSE VISA QUESTIONS

Post by xhesika » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:22 pm

i need some advice!

i met my albanian husband in 2003(im british) and was with him a year before he was deported(his asylum was refused) we then married in tirana in 2005.
i have now been living with him in greece for a year which makes it very hard for me to be his sole sponsor! but my mum is quite willing to be his sponsor IF ITS POSSIBLE.................. we have been together now for 4 and half yrs

me and my husband went to british embassy in athens(as my husband has residency permit for greece) 26th novermber for an interview type thing which we booked online,after 4 hours of waiting they said we needed our marriage cert certified by albanian embassy,ok we did that but by the time we got back to british embassy THEY WERE CLOSED :roll:

so we were informed the next day that he should book another appointment for 29th november,which he did.he also attended this appoinment for 29th alone as i have had to come back to england for medical reasons which i have no control over.
so................ he went up to the visa section and was called up.
next thing the woman was telling him that the eco doesnt need to see anything like photos,my mums bank statements etc,um hello she is going to be accomodating us for a while until we find something of our own.
my husband has now been told he must wait for a phonecall so he can be interviewed properly at a later date,maybe days,weeks or months???

ALSO THEY HAVE TAKEN HIS PASSPORT and said once hes had the new interview he will recieve his passport.

if anybody has any info for me i would be very grateful,im goin absolutely mad here and I AM NOT EVEN GONNA TRY CALLING THE EMBASSY YET AGAIN!

is there any similar situations? i would like to hear from anyone who can help.

also if anybody has any ideas on the waiting times for interviews and visas after that? :oops:
PLEASE? IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT MUST BE YOU!!!!!!
Last edited by xhesika on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChAnGe WhAt YoU cAn AcCePt WhAt YoU cAnT

clairey

Post by clairey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 am

Hi Xhesika - ç'kemi? I'm married to an Albanian too, and we applied for my husband's (then my fiance) visa in Tirana in 2004. I don't know what it's like at the British embassy in Athens, but yes, it can take some time for applications to be considered. When we submitted our documents, they didn't want to look at our photos and cards etc. either. I believe the most important things to show the ECO is that you can support yourselves financially (no benefits, and no financial help from other people, i.e. your mum) and that you have somewhere to live that is not overcrowded. As I say, it's been a while since we applied - others on here will know more. I wish you both the best of luck - paç fat!

xhesika

faleminderit shume

Post by xhesika » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:02 am

faleminderit shume clairey

well we have been living and working in greece so we have savings in our joint bank account which are sufficient for us to live for a few months before work. but whether or not its possible for us to stay in my mums two bed house in uk(only her living there) i dont know,we have put me as the sposor on the new form as before it could of been my mum but now the new form says (after u have filled all the sposor bit in) WHEN DID YOU MARRY YOUR SPONSOR lol dont think he married my mum???? so we had to put me as sponsor this time.

times are hard with immigration and i just hope the eco sees that we are genuine and not just in it for a visa like they said 2 years ago when we applied for family visit(at that time i had money in my own bank,also my husband had money in his) and it was JUST a visit too.
never mind only time will tell i suppose.

chloe xx

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: faleminderit shume

Post by sakura » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:23 am

xhesika wrote:faleminderit shume clairey

well we have been living and working in greece so we have savings in our joint bank account which are sufficient for us to live for a few months before work. but whether or not its possible for us to stay in my mums two bed house in uk(only her living there) i dont know,we have put me as the sposor on the new form as before it could of been my mum but now the new form says (after u have filled all the sposor bit in) WHEN DID YOU MARRY YOUR SPONSOR lol dont think he married my mum???? so we had to put me as sponsor this time.

times are hard with immigration and i just hope the eco sees that we are genuine and not just in it for a visa like they said 2 years ago when we applied for family visit(at that time i had money in my own bank,also my husband had money in his) and it was JUST a visit too.

chloe xx
Your mum cannot be his sponsor - only you can. She can, however, help with accommodation, providing it is sufficient.

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:29 am

thankyou for your advice.i know that my mum cannot be his sponsor,though a few years back it was possible even with a woman i know being on benefits and living in her mums house with her own kids(not her albanian husbands kids) they recieved a visa after being married for only 6months!
but yes it has all changed and for that reason im posting on here,i need some advice on whats best to do as the embassy have still not rang my husband regarding a new visa interview,does anyone know what the average waiting times are?

:oops:

clairey

Re: faleminderit shume

Post by clairey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:00 pm

xhesika wrote:faleminderit shume clairey

chloe xx
If it's only your Mum in a 2 bedroom house, you should be ok on that one (that is if the Home Office still allow you to live in someone else's home....). Like I say, other people on here will know more about it than me. Good luck!

Claire xx

xhesika

please help

Post by xhesika » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:17 am

hi
as you recently read,my husband had applied for a visa in greece AT THE BRITISH EMBASSY.

he has now been told all his papers have been sent to his address in
greece,he said to the woman in english "what about my interview" the
woman replied in greek "the papers are being sent to your address"
now i have three possibilities

1)the papers are being sent back,visa refused,end of til appeal.

2)the visa has been issued without interview+is in passport being sent back

3) the papers as are being sent back as embassy has now got all copies of originals themselves and the papers iclude "an invitation to an interview" letter.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THIS AS WOMAN AT EMBASSY WHO WAS NOT NATIVELY GREEK she was english FIRSTLY REFUSED TO SPEAK TO MY HUSBAND IN ENGLISH(MY HUSBAND IS ALBANIAN BUT SPEAKS PERFECT ENGLISH) INSTEAD SHE SPOKE IN GREEK EVEN THOUGH MY HUSBAND TRIED TO GET HER TO SPEAK ENGLISH BY ASKING HER QUESTIONS IN ENGLISH AND ALSO ANSWERED SOME IN ENGLISH AND secondly the WOMAN REFUSED TO SAY ANYMORE about whether his interview would take place or even if it had been acepted or refused,the only thing she replied was "THE PAPERS ARE BEING SENT TO YOU"! this is a long time to wait (no idea when they will be with him), we both have personal problems in each of our families and any of you who know albanians will know family is very important so without a definate interview date or even a yes or no my husband cannot attend his mothers first death anniversary!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN,ANY ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED i am going out of my mind,literally!

vinny

please help

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

magata

Post by magata » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:18 am

That's right 8)

clairey

Post by clairey » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Xhesika, I'm sorry to hear that. I know how important these events are in Albanian society. I don't know what to say about the woman at the embassy either. Some people in embassies can be very rude. I hope you get your husband's visa sorted out very soon.