ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speed awareness course on AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zubair_rahmans
Newly Registered

Speed awareness course on AN form

Post by zubair_rahmans » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:55 am

I am in the process of applying for UK naturalisation. I have never had any conviction.

Last year in August I got flashed in Brighton for doing 39mph in a 30mph zone. Ten days later received a NIP fromsussex police asking to provide the driver details (which I did straight away). Later I was offered three options

1. Speed awareness courese
2. Fixed Penalty £100 with 3 points
3. Go to court

I chose speed awareness course and went for the course last year.

Now I will be applying for Naturalization this week need some advise few questions.

1. Do I need to mention a driving offence in section 3 of the form in either criminal conviction or penalties ?

2. Do speed awareness count as a FPN ?

Thanks

JohnnyZee

Re: Speed awareness course on AN form

Post by JohnnyZee » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:25 pm

No need to mention. Once you have done a Speed Awareness Course, there should be no record of you having committed a minor traffic offence. All the best.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

You could mention it in the additional information section. It will almost certainly have no impact on your application.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:16 pm

ohara wrote:You could mention it in the additional information section. It will almost certainly have no impact on your application.
+1 Good advice
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zubair_rahmans
Newly Registered

Post by zubair_rahmans » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 pm

JohnnyZee wrote:No need to mention. Once you have done a Speed Awareness Course, there should be no record of you having committed a minor traffic offence. All the best.
Thanks

zubair_rahmans
Newly Registered

Post by zubair_rahmans » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 pm

ohara wrote:You could mention it in the additional information section. It will almost certainly have no impact on your application.
Thanks

triple x
Newly Registered

Post by triple x » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:38 pm

but by mentioning it, aren't you bringing into they attention ?
I say this because I had a PNC and then a speed awareness course in the last 12 months and I am not sure if that would be a problem

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:57 am

I had a SAC and only mentioned it in the additional info section. Got my approval in 2 months so nothing to worry.