ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension COS details confirmation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Divu

Tier 2 Extension COS details confirmation

Post by Divu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi Friends,

I will be really helpful if one of the experts could confirm the following for me. I can't describe how grateful I am for the support I have received from this community so far!

I am applying for my 3 year Tier 2 extension visa this August. My HR will be assigning my unrestricted COS next week. Please can I quickly confirm the following with you all just to make sure I am on the right track? Thanks a ton!!

My current status:

Visa Expiry: 30-08-2016
Date Issued: 05-09-2013
SOC code: 2137 - Web design and development professionals required experienced salary is £23,400. I am currently not earning less than this amount, but my company has agreed to increase for the visa.

Details that I am going to enter on my Unrestricted COS and Tier 2 extension Application:

My current working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary figure that I am going to show: 23,400 for 37.5 hours per week.
COS start date: 01 - sep - 2016
COS end date: 01 - sept - 2019

I hope the above details are correct! Please help :-)

Divya

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Extension COS details confirmation

Post by iworker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:30 pm

i would suggest putting start date as 15-08-206 and end date as 14-08-2019.
The reason is your initial leave is given as dates on cos + 14 days.. so if ur last cos had expiry of 14 08 16, you should have the new cos issued for the next date.

Divu

Post by Divu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Hello iworker!

Thank You for your response! I was completely unaware of this, Thank goodness to you! :oops:
I am just realising the COS start/end dates are different to 'visa expiry date/current leave'. I am slightly confused because these two documents states them differently! :-(

Tiers 2 and 5: guidance for sponsors (http://tinyurl.com/hpx2f8q) states
"38.25 When you assign a CoS to extend a migrant’s leave in the same tier and category, the start date on the CoS should be the day after their current leave expires."
However I do understand your concept from this phrase on the policy guidance - page 47 -
"Entry clearance will be granted with effect from 14 days before the start date of the job you are being sponsored to do in the UK as stated on your Certificate of Sponsorship."
Should I confirm the COS expiry date in the SMS if available and apply accordingly? I am not sure where I could confirm my existing COS end date? Thank you!!!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:46 am

its not such a biggy, but in my opinion, it should be as i have mentioned above.
Your employer can check the dates of your current cos through sms.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:49 am

Visa Expiry: 30-08-2016
COS start date: 01 - sep - 2016
COS end date: 01 - sept - 2019
I am sure you know but please note that August is a 31 day calendar month so if your current visa is expiring on 30th August, 2016 then your COS start date should be 31st August, 2016 (if you wish to go with the immediate date after your visa expire).

I would say go with what Iworker is suggesting. I believe the extension start date should be the immediate next date from the previous COS end date.

Thanks,
Hassan

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:19 am

Hello Hasan and iworker,

Thanks a loads! If not for you guys, I would have gone totally unaware of this issue and would have messed up the process!

I will go according to iworker's suggestion. My only other question is the end date. Will it not be 15 August 2019 if its 3 years? Should it be a day less for some reason? (Unless I am doing a terrible math :-( )

Will look forward to your response.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:20 pm

just put it a day less than 3 years, so u are sure that u are applying for tier 2 less than 3 years visa.
a day less visa is not going to harm u, but a mistake in counting is definitely going to cost u around £500 in extra fee

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:40 am

Hello iworker!

You are a star! Thanks for your guidance so far. I have got my COS successfully allocated. Thanks for all your clarifications, without which I wouldn't have done it with clear mind! My HR did not tick the box for the maintenance, nor I am going to send any bank statements. I hope that should be okay.

I am going to do my application soon. For the last time, if you mind letting me know if I have missed anything major, I will be very grateful!

- I am going to do pay the health surcharge of £600 for 3 years.

- Fill the online application - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general

- Send the documents following completion. All I am going to be prepared to send is, 1. Passport 2. Current BRP card and 3. Photographs. I will send them through a special/signed delivery envelope.

- I will be doing the payment with my debit card. I am paying £664 Non-shortage occupations/3 years or less

- I assume I wait for a letter to be sent informing me to do the biometrics at the postoffice , if my application is successful.

I hope this is suffice to complete this process and I haven't missed anything.

Thanks a ton once again!

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:31 pm

No tick for maintenance and No bank statements is NOT okay!

Kind regards,
B

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:33 pm

@bsc..
its an extension application, so it is ok.

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:09 pm

@bsc2007 You made me jump there a bit! whoops!

FYI Policy Guidance says:
Points awarded for maintenance
162.You will be awarded 10 points if:
 you currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 skilled
worker; work permit holder; Jewish Agency Employee; Member of the Operational
Ground Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline; Minister of Religion; Missionary; Member of
a Religious Order; or Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or
Broadcasting Organisation; or
Since I am already in Tier 2, I will be assigned 10 points for maintenance.

Thanks iworker again!
Do you think I am okay with all other application details?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 am

yes.. as long as salary is as per the soc codes

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Divu wrote:@bsc2007 You made me jump there a bit! whoops!
Sorry Divu! This is a good news for me - as I no longer need to maintain funds for my extension in October 16! :)

Thanks iworker! (I should stop replying to posts I think!)

Kind regards,
B

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:01 pm

@iworker, Thank You! Salary requirement for my SOC is 23,400 for 39 hours and my manager has agreed for a 24,000 for 37.5 hours. So all good!

@bsc2007 Thats ok! As long as you apply within your current Tier 2 leave, I think it should be fine. Good luck for your visa!

You guys are all awesome! Cant thank you enough!!!! :D :D :D :D :D