ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Take-over

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Company Take-over

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Good day,

I am currently on Tier 2 visa issued in 2013. I am planning to renew my visa towards the end of the year and my sponsor has already obtained CoS allocation for the year. The CoS will be assigned to me when Im ready to apply.
So recently, there has been some talks about my company being acquired by another company. Luckily the other company (prospective buyer) is also a registered sponsor.
Here are my questions;
1. If my company is acquired before I renew my visa, who will be my sponsor? I already have an allocated CoS waiting to be assigned to me
2. I still have like 7 months validity on my current visa. will it be possible to extend my visa as soon as possible before the acquisition deal is completed? According to Tier 2 policy guide " 213. A change of employment application is not required for other changes to your job. For example if:
you are remaining with the same employer and change jobs to a different job within the same SOC code,
or you are moving underTUPE (or similar) protection due to a takeover, merger,de-merger or any other circumstances in which TUPE is triggered"
3. Although the prospective buyer is also a registered sponsor, I'm not sure of the availability of their CoS or their willingless to continue as my Sponsor. So I dont want to take any chance.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Company Take-over

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:49 am

read TUPE arrangements on tier 2 guidance for employers
you can extend your visa now, if u want. u dont have to extend it closer to the date of your expiry.