ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing salary slip for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Missing salary slip for ILR

Post by Ashish0102 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I recently switched to a new Tier 2 sponsor and got my approval letter same day in a premium service appointment centre.Expecting my BRP to come in a week or so I resigned from my previous company and was relieved in a week. However my BRP card arrival got delayed by more than a month and I could not join the new company as they insisted on the BRP before joining and by the time I did join I had a month without a job.

Now, my ILR is due in Nov this year and I am worried that during my ILR if they ask me for 6 months salary slips I will have nothing to show for the jobless month. My questions are:

1. Is it mandatory to have BRP before joining or is the approval letter enough?
2. What can I do for the missing salary for the month I was unemployed?

Cheers,
Ashish

kautya

Re: Missing salary slip for ILR

Post by kautya » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm

In regards to your first question, the employee is obliged to provide the Right to work documentation when requested by the employer as a part of employers check as has been specified by UKVI. They have to verify the same by checking the original document (i.e BRP) that you are allowed to lawfully work in this country.
For the month without the salary, I would presume you can honestly explain that in your covering letter for the ILR application.

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Post by anoops1984 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:04 pm

As per the guidance you need to show only the latest payslip and bank statement. I have seen many posts in the forum that Tier 2 applicants got ILR with 1 month/3 months payslip and statements.

tikukanmu
Newly Registered

Post by tikukanmu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:49 pm

I got granted ILR based on Tier 2 recently.

I provided 3 months latest payslips and letters from current and past employers.

The caseworker requested for confirmation of joining and leaving dates for past employer.

If you have such later, the caseworker might be interested to know why you have a month gap.

If you clarify this in a letter, I would think this should suffice?

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Post by Ashish0102 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your responses.
So effectively that means that I cannot work without the BRP even if I have the approval letter. I thought since the sponsor itself has issued the CoS they can track and verify if the visa has been issued against the CoS. Is that not the case?

Cheers,
Ashish