ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working without WRS - problem for employer?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beata
Newly Registered

Working without WRS - problem for employer?

Post by beata » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi there, very similar situation here. I am from one of the EU8 countries and I have been in the UK since 2006, but neither I nor my employers ever realised I had to register. I find it quite bizarre actually considering my Romanian friend (EU2), which I only find out about now) couldn't work unless she registered. Were they stricter with EU2 nationals? Anyway, my question is: I am just applying for permanent residency and I have to answer that I was working without permission and point at my employers. Am i going to get them into trouble. I'm less worried about my application being refused than having my employer have to pay up top £5000 for not encouraging me to register. Anyone?

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: "document certifying permanent residence" without WRS

Post by Saladin0011 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm

You are applying now which is way after 2011 (2009 because its unlawfulness I think) so for your PR/citizenship could be counted only from 3/11 - 6/16. If we consider that somewhere around is case about its unlawfulness after 2009 then you in theory could already apply for PR and day after its receiving for citizenship.

noajthan

Re: Working without WRS - problem for employer?

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:47 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Re: Working without WRS - problem for employer?

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:50 pm

beata wrote:Hi there, very similar situation here. I am from one of the EU8 countries and I have been in the UK since 2006, but neither I nor my employers ever realised I had to register. I find it quite bizarre actually considering my Romanian friend (EU2), which I only find out about now) couldn't work unless she registered. Were they stricter with EU2 nationals? Anyway, my question is: I am just applying for permanent residency and I have to answer that I was working without permission and point at my employers. Am i going to get them into trouble. I'm less worried about my application being refused than having my employer have to pay up top £5000 for not encouraging me to register. Anyone?
Yes, different rules were in place for A2 & A8 nationals.

Technically employer committed an offence. There is no evidence in forum that HO are mounting a crackdown on such employers.

Your PR clock only started in May 2011 after WRS ended. So you may have acquired PR around about now.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.