ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help Tier 1 General ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

outhector
Newly Registered

Urgent help Tier 1 General ILR

Post by outhector » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:38 am

Hi me and my wife visa expiring on 4th July 2016, my wife came July 2015 as dependent . I have a question weather to go on same day service or postal and what are my chances?

I am not eligible for 10 years route as I still need 6 more months to be eligible for it.
I got tier 1 general visa from post study work and earned required amount my tax was calculated 10000 but for some reason my accountant did some error so we ended up paying 3000.
I got extension in 2012 with same required earnings and I have paid tax against it. Now I have come to know about my old tax error so I got amendment done from hmrc and they have sent me confirmation letter that my tax is amended so I have to pay the remaining tax which I didn't pay in 2010. But my all other taxes are upto date.
Can anyone guide me what to do and what are my chances? Should I go to same day service or postal application as I got only 12 days left.

vinny

Re: Urgent help Tier 1 General ILR

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:04 am

They may also check the taxes under the 10 year route.

Perhaps your accountant can write a letter explaining what had happened?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

outhector
Newly Registered

Post by outhector » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 am

Hi thanks for your reply so what is best for me same day or postal as I can see many refused because they got tax amended. I was sole trader when I switched from post study work to tier 1 general after that I I made Ltd company and that's the only company I have and all my income is from that no jobs no other source of income thanks

sunny_sunny
United Kingdom

Post by sunny_sunny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:51 pm

As Vinny said get a letter from accountant saying that
1.He made mistake in calculating the tax
2.He found out the error at later time during Audit
3.He takes full responsibility for that and ready to pay fine or lose his accounting license if proved wrong.

This will ensure you won't be blamed for deception.
If accountant does not provide a letter file a deception case against him.