ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I Good to Go ? Eng Language requirment for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripas33
India

Am I Good to Go ? Eng Language requirment for Naturalisation

Post by tripas33 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:51 am

Hello Guys,

FAQ's on English language requirement on the forum suggest that I am exempt from the English language requirement as I got my ILR after October 2013.
I spoke to Brent NCS yesterday and they said I need to bring my original degree and also the letter from NARIC for my BC application as I got my degree outside UK even if I got my ILR in 2014.

Bit confused again on this topic !!!

I got PBS printout showing my degree with 10 points, a letter from my engineering college stating degree was taught and researched in English , I don't want to spend money on NARIC's statement. Any of you guys had a successful application recently without NARIC letter ?

Please reply guys...

Thanks,
Tripas
Reg,
Tripas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Am I Good to Go ? Eng Language requirment for Naturalisa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:05 pm

PBS printout is no longer accepted.

Your shouldn't need to provide it again if you tick the relevant box but bear in mind that HO can write to you and ask you to submit evidence, which a few members have had to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cafemoonrock
Newly Registered

Post by cafemoonrock » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm

You should be good to go.

I asked this question precisely this month and I received a reply from the Nationality Policy Team with this:
"
Thank you for your email.

As you have already provided evidence of your English language qualification, when you gained ILR after October 2013, then you need only to tick this box on the AN application form, when applying for naturalisation.

You do not need to provide this again.

I hope this clarifies.
"

Also, a fact sheet was attached which clearly states the use of PBS for new applications if you've used it before. This is what it has:

"What if I have used the calculator before?
If we have previously accepted your degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, we will not need additional confirmation from NARIC. If your qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, you would need to obtain confirmation from NARIC that it meets the relevant criteria."

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 am

cafemoonrock wrote:You should be good to go.

I asked this question precisely this month and I received a reply from the Nationality Policy Team with this:
"
Thank you for your email.

As you have already provided evidence of your English language qualification, when you gained ILR after October 2013, then you need only to tick this box on the AN application form, when applying for naturalisation.

You do not need to provide this again.

I hope this clarifies.
"
Thanks Mate.
Can you kindly share with me the email address of the Nationality policy team ? or if you can forward me the that email : my email - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would want to carry a print of the email with me along with my application at the NCS.

Which NCS did you apply ?

Thanks,
Tripas
Also, a fact sheet was attached which clearly states the use of PBS for new applications if you've used it before. This is what it has:

"What if I have used the calculator before?
If we have previously accepted your degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an earlier application, we will not need additional confirmation from NARIC. If your qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, you would need to obtain confirmation from NARIC that it meets the relevant criteria."
Reg,
Tripas

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:59 am

Hello Cafemoonrock :)

Thanks for replying.

Can you kindly share with me the email address of the Nationality policy team ? or if you can forward me the that email : my email - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would want to carry a print of the email with me along with my application at the NCS.

Which NCS did you apply ?

Thanks,
Tripas
Reg,
Tripas

cafemoonrock
Newly Registered

Post by cafemoonrock » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:12 pm

Southwark council - my application was accepted without any questions. I had carried a prinout of the letter, but it wasn't asked.

It's NationalityPolicyTeam.Liverpool@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk