ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does home office receive applications on Saturdays?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mharoon79

Does home office receive applications on Saturdays?

Post by mharoon79 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi,
I posted ILR application on 24 June 2016 (Friday) by Royal mail next day Saturday special delievery and My visa deadline was 25th June 2016(Saturday). I supposed to send documents on 23 june 2014 but delay was due to collecting documents from Accountant. Now, I checked parcel status on Royalmail which says

"Latest update: We have your item

Your item with reference abc123 has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries."

I dont think so DURHAM is exclusion for saturday deleiveries.

Does Home office consider date of posted or date of recieving application? I think HO consider application at what date application was posted by Royal Mail?

What would be effect on my application ? delay, overstay

Hope to get postive reply
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does home office receive applications on Saturdays?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I have split and moved your post to the ILR sub forum. It does not make sense to tag an ILR question onto a topic from 2013 that is in the British Citizenship sub forum.

Date of application is date of posting. Keep proof of postage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mharoon79

Post by mharoon79 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:52 pm

HI CR001
Many thanks for prompt reply,
I was in rush and did not look at post title. Can you give the link where my post has been moved to ILR sub forum please?

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:55 pm

mharoon79 wrote:HI CR001
Many thanks for prompt reply,
I was in rush and did not look at post title. Can you give the link where my post has been moved to ILR sub forum please?

Many thanks
You're already posting in it.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 11769.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jibon

Post by jibon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:20 am

Your post delivered on Monday to home office.

Yes, according to home office policy "Home office will consider date of posted".

For safety keep the post office proof of postage and money receipt. Also print the proof of delivery.