ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Section 1(3) Consent/Documents Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moonzie
Newly Registered

MN1 Section 1(3) Consent/Documents Help

Post by moonzie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:23 am

Hi all,

I'm about to apply for 4 children ages 8-13 all born here (2002-2007) before ILR. I am now British and separated from their father. Do I need his consent? I've read mixed messages on this forum so not so sure. Anyone out there who has applied with single parent consent and been successful? I have no legal separation document from the civil courts but have had full custody and responsibility for the kids for more than 4yrs. Can I just put SEPERATED in the reason for single consent box? Father is abroad but has ILR and I don't really want to contact him as we are not on good terms. I will IF i HAVE to.

Secondly, does it suffice to include a copy of the marriage certificate or does have to be an original?

Lastly, do I have to include my British passport? There is no where in the guidance notes that I see a requirement for my passport but I can see others on this forum including it in their application

Looking forward to responses from gurus and those with relevant experience. Thank you all very much in advance and God Bless!!!

vinny

Re: MN1 Section 1(3) Consent/Documents Help

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:08 am

Chapter 8 wrote:8.6 Consent to the application

8.6.1 As the applicant has an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen if the requirements in 8.1.1, 8.1.2 or 8.1.3 above are met, the absence of parental consent (in cases where the applicant is a minor) is not a reason for refusal. Therefore it is not necessary for the parent(s) or the person(s) having responsibility for the minor to consent to the application.
There is probably no need to include a marriage certificate (8.3.2). Moreover, your children are entitled because of you.

Include your British passport as your evidence of your identity.

Recommend NCS to retain your documents..
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

moonzie
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Section 1(3) Consent/Documents Help

Post by moonzie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:37 am

Thank you Vinny for that quick and early response! :)