ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Job Switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thestas
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Job Switch

Post by thestas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 am

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me with a query. Essentially, I have a job offer and the starting date of the new job is July 26th, I was going to resign today and my last day will be on 25th of July with my current company. I was going to take a week off between the 18th to the 22nd of July, I will be leaving the country to visit Canada. I have been told that there maybe a problem about me coming back into the country because I have resigned from my current position.

But as far as I know I have 60 days after my resignation to find another job anyways. Is there a risk I could not be admitted back into the country on my current Tier2 visa as I have resigned?

Thanks in advance.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Job Switch

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Normally, when someone resigns, the organisation is obliged to report it to HO once the employee leaves. Once that happens, it is not recommended to travel since you will not know when HO cancels your current visa. Although, you can still remain in UK until HO sends you the letter.

As long as your organisation is not informing HO about your resignation during your week's travel, it should be fine.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 pm

thestas wrote:Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me with a query. Essentially, I have a job offer and the starting date of the new job is July 26th, I was going to resign today and my last day will be on 25th of July with my current company. I was going to take a week off between the 18th to the 22nd of July, I will be leaving the country to visit Canada. I have been told that there maybe a problem about me coming back into the country because I have resigned from my current position.

But as far as I know I have 60 days after my resignation to find another job anyways. Is there a risk I could not be admitted back into the country on my current Tier2 visa as I have resigned?

Thanks in advance.
If I were you, I wouldn't take the risk of traveling while switching sponsors as too much is in stake. You don't want to end up getting refused entry while returning. And if that happens you cannot apply again for 12 months
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:42 am

Until such time as your visa is formally cancelled you are still free to travel.
Curtailment action is a slow process and there is a considerable time lag between notification of termination of employment and the issue of the curtailment letter.

In the circumstances you describe you will be perfectly fine to travel.