ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New employee documents required

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

9elizabeth
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

New employee documents required

Post by 9elizabeth » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Hello all,
I am just about to appoint a new employee. He is a British citizen. What documents should I ask him to provide:
1) A copy of his passport
2) A copy of his current Utility Bill
Anything else that Home Office may ask me to provide at the time of my visa application?

doodle
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New employee documents required

Post by doodle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:23 pm

178. Documents kept by an employer as evidence that an employee is a settled worker will often be the passport pages from a UK passport that contain the employee’s personal details, and the page containing the UK Government stamp or endorsement, if appropriate. It may also be the worker’s full birth certificate, showing the name of at least one parent. If it is not possible to establish the parent’s settled status from the birth certificate alone, you will also need to provide additional documentation, such as pages from your parents passport to demonstrate this.

179. Full guidance on the documents is in the employing legal workers section of gov.uk.

iv) Evidence that employment was created for settled workers
192. You must provide documents which show that the employment was created for settled workers, such as the biometric data page of a passport containing the photograph and personal details of the employee, and where the worker is an overseas national, a copy of any UK Government stamp or endorsement within the passport, or the employees full birth certificate, showing the name of at least one parent.

NI card/ NI letter
and if He/she was working somewhere else P45