ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Card questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

PR Card questions

Post by phantomstoke84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi,

I came to the UK in late Aug 2008 but did not received my WRS certificate until Oct 2010. My qualifying period is 2011-2016. I hope it is correct to state this.

I'd like to ask you few things about applying for PR:

1. do I really have to list absences, my activities and employers since 2008 or is it ok to give details for 2011-16 only?

2.Should I state what my qualifying period is in 9.13?

3. In 9.4(1) list of my activities from date to date - is it ok to put months and years if I dont know exact day?

4. All payslips I have received since 2011 are e-payslips in pdf. Is it ok to print them and enclose them or they will be considered copies only and not accepted?

5. I have got few gaps in between my jobs,the longest about 1 month but I dont have any documents proving that I was looking for job as I was asking about jobs in person. What should I do about it? Should I say I was looking for a job or I was self-sufficient?

Thank you all for your replies

noajthan

Re: PR Card questions

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:00 pm

phantomstoke84 wrote:Hi,

I came to the UK in late Aug 2008 but did not received my WRS certificate until Oct 2010. My qualifying period is 2011-2016. I hope it is correct to state this.

I'd like to ask you few things about applying for PR:

1. do I really have to list absences, my activities and employers since 2008 or is it ok to give details for 2011-16 only?

2.Should I state what my qualifying period is in 9.13?

3. In 9.4(1) list of my activities from date to date - is it ok to put months and years if I dont know exact day?

4. All payslips I have received since 2011 are e-payslips in pdf. Is it ok to print them and enclose them or they will be considered copies only and not accepted?

5. I have got few gaps in between my jobs,the longest about 1 month but I dont have any documents proving that I was looking for job as I was asking about jobs in person. What should I do about it? Should I say I was looking for a job or I was self-sufficient?

Thank you all for your replies
How do you know your period is 2011-2016?
What were you doing from 2008?

1) Depends which period you use; how good is your evidence? (It need to be rock-solid)

2) You can do.

3) Yes, do best you can.

4) They may be considered copies. Can you get company to stamp them? (as is done for bank statements).

5) Did you have CSI when self-sufficient?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi,
I have been working all the time since my arrival to the UK but I registered with WRS after 2 years of working in Oct 2010. I have read that all work without WRS is negated so I assume my PR clock starts after I received WRS.

Stamping payslips would be very difficult so I am planning to enclose bank statements (stamped) showing pays instead.

I have all P60s for 2011-16 except for 2012 as I was unemployed at the end of the tax year. Do i need to explain why i am not sending it or can I just enclose P45s from 2012 instead?

I am only considering using self sufficient option for the time i was looking for job (4 weeks maybe) as I dont have any documents about applying for jobs. But if short gap is acceptable then I would state looking for job activity. I may have EHIC at that time.

Lastly, if my qualifying period is Jan 2011 - Jan 2016 but I will be sending my application in July 2016, should i enclose all relevant documents till July 2016 or only for 5yr period?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:58 pm

I have been working all the time since my arrival to the UK but I registered with WRS after 2 years of working in Oct 2010. I have read that all work without WRS is negated so I assume my PR clock starts after I received WRS.

Stamping payslips would be very difficult so I am planning to enclose bank statements (stamped) showing pays instead.

I have all P60s for 2011-16 except for 2012 as I was unemployed at the end of the tax year. Do i need to explain why i am not sending it or can I just enclose P45s from 2012 instead?

I am only considering using self sufficient option for the time i was looking for job (4 weeks maybe) as I dont have any documents about applying for jobs. But if short gap is acceptable then I would state looking for job activity. I may have EHIC at that time.

Lastly, if my qualifying period is Jan 2011 - Jan 2016 but I will be sending my application in July 2016, should i enclose all relevant documents till July 2016 or only for 5yr period?

Thanks
Yes, if not registered properly for WRS then time as a worker can only start in May 2011 when WRS ended.
Not even Jan 2011

If unemployed in 2012 you have to show you were a jobseeker (registered and looking for work) or self sufficient (with CSI). Can you do that?

Your qualifying period may be May 2011 - May 2016; send docs for complete period and up to date.

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi,

I had EHIC card at that time but it expired and dont know if i still have it, i have renewed it but if i threw old one away i wont be able to find out dates it was valid.

what happens if i tick NO in 9.12?

Could i explain my situation when looked for a job but have no docs in 9.13?

If there was a problem with that 5 week period when i was looking for a job, could this reset my PR clock?

Thanks

Torex

Post by Torex » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:51 am

noajthan wrote: Yes, if not registered properly for WRS then time as a worker can only start in May 2011 when WRS ended.
Not even Jan 2011

If unemployed in 2012 you have to show you were a jobseeker (registered and looking for work) or self sufficient (with CSI). Can you do that?

Your qualifying period may be May 2011 - May 2016; send docs for complete period and up to date.
This is not right, if you haven't registered for WRS within the 30 days period, the qualifying period starts on the date WRS certificate was issued. (9.19)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:01 am

Torex wrote:This is not right, if you haven't registered for WRS within the 30 days period, the qualifying period starts on the date WRS certificate was issued. (9.19)

If not registered properly
. Depends on OPs case, any change of employer & etc. None of which is clear.

OP needs to do some of the heavy lifting, clarify their case.

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:07 am

Hi

I worked from sep 2008 till aug 2009 for 1 employer without wrs. Then started working in sep 2009 until aug 2011 for my 2nd employer. From sep 2009 til oct 2010 i worked without wrs. So from oct 2010 till end of the accession period i was working with wrs.

I want to ask this: if for period of 1 month i dont have strong evidence that i was a qualified person (jan 2012), will this reset my PR clock?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:44 pm

phantomstoke84 wrote:Hi

I worked from sep 2008 till aug 2009 for 1 employer without wrs. Then started working in sep 2009 until aug 2011 for my 2nd employer. From sep 2009 til oct 2010 i worked without wrs. So from oct 2010 till end of the accession period i was working with wrs.

I want to ask this: if for period of 1 month i dont have strong evidence that i was a qualified person (jan 2012), will this reset my PR clock?

Thanks
So two periods of unregistered work spread across two employers and no re-registration on second employer - just a late 'first-time' registration based on second employer.
Not convinced that will be accepted simply as a late registration.

In that 2012 period you would need health insurance to be classed as self-sufficient.
And evidence of jobseeking if to be classed as a jobseeker (registration would have helped).

You can't be a jobseeker if you then became self-employed. But subsequent work is fine. (I think you said you were a worker).

Anecdotally, short gaps may be overlooked but there's no HO guidance on this (and don't bank on it). After all, why give HO the Spam of 'wriggle room'.

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi
I had EHIC card back then which was valid but dont know exact dates only years. My source of income was savings when self-sufficient. What should I write into: when did i receive it and how much i received?

Also how many bank statement should I enclose? 1 month every year will do? Or bank statements from beginning and end of the relevant years?

One more question : section 9.12 if i tick No and then explain why i dont have any docs proving i was a jobseeker in 9.13? Would that be good enough?

Thanks

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

time off in between jobs

Post by phantomstoke84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi,

I have got short gaps in between my jobs (up to 4 weeks). Mostly I spent that time looking for a job but there were few instances where I took time off to rest and started looking for a job later. Should I mention this in PR card application form or just say I spent whole time looking for a job?

Secondly is it even allowed to take some time off and still be considered a qualified person?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:10 pm

Anecdotally, short gaps may be overlooked but there's no HO guidance on this (and don't bank on it). After all, why give HO the Spam of 'wriggle room'.

Kindly note multiple posts

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi,

Does "Other periods not accounted for above" section include all periods when i was looking for a job but was not registered with Jobcentre?

If so, would it be wise to explain ways how i looked for jobs (asking in person, handing out my CV, thus no proper evidence)?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Does "Other periods not accounted for above" section include all periods when i was looking for a job but was not registered with Jobcentre?

If so, would it be wise to explain ways how i looked for jobs (asking in person, handing out my CV, thus no proper evidence)?

Thanks
Your aim is to have no periods outside of work, selfemployed, jobseeker, student or self-sufficient.

If no evidence it will probably be considered a gap. So you're back to your gap question.

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi,

i have got question regarding vocational training.

Basically i registered with a recruitment agency at the end of Jan 2012 but did not received any work until mid Feb thus my first payslip is from 3rd week of Feb. I finished my previous job on 30/12/2011. I probably dont have an employment contract anymore (thrown away) which would prove my registration date.

Case worker may perceive this situation as I had 6-week gap in between jobs (it is said that short gaps within 30 days are fine, so i want to prove my gap was no longer than 4 wks). My new employer asked me to do an online course in order to meet requirements to start a job, i've got a certificate which states all information and issue date as well (beginning of Feb).

Can I consider my online course a vocational training?

phantomstoke84
Newly Registered

Post by phantomstoke84 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi,

i browsed through my all mail and I have found jobseeking evidence. Now I am just bit confused how to fill out the form. I have few jobseeking periods during my qualifying period. I was registered with Jobcentre once, so I will put dates in 9.12 section. But what about my other jobseeking periods, is it enough if I write them in the summary 9.4 or should I mention them in 9.13 as well?

Thanks