ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settlement visa and tenancy agreement. Need advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo.Leo

Spouse settlement visa and tenancy agreement. Need advice

Post by Leo.Leo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:21 am

Hi everyone, i am going to apply for my wife spouse settlement visa in two weeks time. Everything is ready but the only thing am worried of is my tenancy agreement. Its a six month tenancy agreement from july to December. And am going to apply in two weeks time so by the time all the documents will b submitted it will have 5 months left. So is it enough or it can make any issues due to its expiry. Please advice. Thanks

strontiumdog74

Re: Spouse settlement visa and tenancy agreement. Need advic

Post by strontiumdog74 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:23 am

Tenancy agreements tend to be 6 months anyway from my experience. I assume at then end of the 6 months you go onto a rolling one month?

You have council tax and utility bills to support the application?
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

It won't be a problem. The ECO will appreciate that 6 month short-hold tenancies are the normal in the UK. Ensure you submit a letter from your landlord agreeing to your spouse living in the property.

Edit: Beaten this time by strontiumdog74 :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Leo.Leo

Post by Leo.Leo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:40 am

strontiumdog74 wrote:Tenancy agreements tend to be 6 months anyway from my experience. I assume at then end of the 6 months you go onto a rolling one month?

You have council tax and utility bills to support the application?
Am renting the master room in 3 bedroom property and rent includes all bills as landlord also lives with us and are all under his name. He is also willing to give me the permission letter as well for my wife to stay with me once she gets her visa. Thanks

strontiumdog74

Post by strontiumdog74 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:04 am

You'll also need a property inspection report from local council or RICS registered surveyor as you're sharing.
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it, the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:07 am

In which case, as the property is multiple occupancy it would be advisable to submit evidence that the accommodation is adequate and not considered as overcrowding. Council tax & utility bills won't be required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.