ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acoomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pti2323

Acoomodation

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:45 am

Hello all,

My wife (sponsor) has managed to get property inspection report which says the property is suitable for one more person to live. The house is registered on my wife's name along with her sister (joInt owner), although the sister is married and does not live in the house. The bills in the house are under the name of my wife's mother who lives with her (they all chip-in towards it)
I am playing in a few days time would not have sufficient time to get the bills transferred to my wife's name except for the water bill which the company said would be available online in a day or two to be printed off.

Is the lack off bills under my wife's name going to make a problem?

Pti2323

Re: Acoomodation

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:47 am

I am planning to apply*

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:14 am

Your wife isn't required to provide utility bills but she will have to submit a copy of the mortgage agreement or if owned outright, a copy of the property deeds showing she is a registered owner. It would also be wise to make clear in your application exactly who is living in the household. Are your wife and mother-in-law registered on the Electoral Roll?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:21 am

Casa wrote:Your wife isn't required to provide utility bills but she will have to submit a copy of the mortgage agreement or if owned outright, a copy of the property deeds showing she is a registered owner. It would also be wise to make clear in your application exactly who is living in the household. Are your wife and mother-in-law registered on the Electoral Roll?
Yes she owns the house outright with her sister, I am thinking getting a letter from sister as well saying she has no problem with me staying in that house rent free.

My wife and her mother lives in the house. And yes they are registered on the electoral role on that same address