ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extensions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

HSMP extensions

Post by jaiswal88 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:20 pm

hi

did any body knows whats the exact time for the extension, i mean processing time,

i know these are very comman question .

and can anybody clarify that its one month before or two months befor of expiry of HSMP

can we submit in person or get the extension in person

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:26 pm

jaiswal88 wrote:did any body knows whats the exact time for the extension, i mean processing time,
The Operational Service Levels updates show that leave to remain applications take atleast 10 weeks now. If you need to travel that you can expediate your extension processing by filling up the Urgent Treatment Form
jaiswal88 wrote:can anybody clarify that its one month before or two months befor of expiry of HSMP
I would say 2 months in advance given the time its taking to get the extension.
jaiswal88 wrote:can we submit in person or get the extension in person
FLR(IED) cannot be submitted in person.

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:27 pm

thanks a lot, but when i spoken to the HO they said its only one month in advance you can submit not two months.

thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:37 pm

jaiswal88 wrote:thanks a lot, but when i spoken to the HO they said its only one month in advance you can submit not two months.

thanks
Please read the FAQs on this forum
Where there is a will there is a way.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:00 am

Guys,

What is the ideal bank balance for HSMP extensions?, 1K, 2K or 3K (or more) per applicant..

...I know that is a crap question but just thought I would pose it :?
Where there is a will there is a way.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:21 am

Has the HO anywhere described what the term "economically active" is? Thats so subjective. I may feel 2000 is enough and someone else might have another figure in mind.

Just thinking out loud here... how much does the government pay for unemployed people registered at the Job Centre? I am not sure but I think its about £60 a week or in other words £260 per calender month. I would say any funds to cover up your own potential unemployment would be sufficent. Between 3 to 6 months so between 1 and 2k would be good to have.

What about someone who landed up with a good long term job but running low on his balance because of loan commitments or setup expenditures. Will he be refused? Unlikely.

There was also a House of Common question hour transacript that was posted here and it had a very interesting point relevant to this thread. The minister answered that in all the applications extended the first time around only a solitary one person proved to be economically inactive and was refused extension.

I dont think funds should be of paramount value. Just a feel good factor..... the more you have the better you feel ;)