ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application for Naturalisation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Date of application for Naturalisation.

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 am

Hi All

I submitted my documents to NCS Sutton, all they did was to take my documents. didn't give me any information about how to track.

now when I see timeline posts, people say date of receipt by home office., I am not sure how and where do I check if my application has been received by home office.
I applied on 22/6 but no money has been deducted till date and I have not received any communication. I know its bit too early to look for an update but still how do people get to know when was the application received by Home Office ?

Thanks
M.

LilyLalilu

Re: Date of application for Naturalisation.

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:16 am

Date of NCS appointment = application date. They should receive it the next day but you can't be sure until the money is deducted I guess.
Last edited by LilyLalilu on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:17 am

They would normally give you the Royal mail or delivery reference number.
I think it is only early days and a lot of people would have applied for nationality nearer to BREXIT.

You can ring the NCS and hopefully they have your tracking number so you can check if it was received by the Home Office. I am sure it was received but you can check for peace of mind.

good luck

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:33 am

imnewhere wrote:They would normally give you the Royal mail or delivery reference number.
I think it is only early days and a lot of people would have applied for nationality nearer to BREXIT.

You can ring the NCS and hopefully they have your tracking number so you can check if it was received by the Home Office. I am sure it was received but you can check for peace of mind.

good luck

oh man, Brexit, please don't delay my application....

should have seen this coming, can just hope it doesn't delay applications for non eu candidates.

thanks for your replies guys.

TA
M.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:29 am

At my NCS appointment last week, I was provided the Royal Mail tracking number. You should have been given one at the NCS as well. You can ring them up to confirm and get the tracking details. Applications are normally sent by special delivery so the Home Office would have received it the next day.

Due to Brexit and a high volume of applications, it may be a few weeks before payment is taken out.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided