ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS start date issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

square189

COS start date issue

Post by square189 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi,

I have applied recently for my Tier2 biometric card via premium service and I got a letter saying my application has been approved and they will send me the card within 7 working days. 11 days have passed and I still didn't receive it, I reported that I didn't get my card 2 days ago and I am still waiting for a response from HO on the delay.

If my new employer (sponsor) has an early start date like 15th of July on the COS, will this be an issue for me? I still didn't resign from my current job, I am waiting for my biometric card first. My company's notice period will be around 3-4 weeks. Can I continue working during my notice period for my current employer even if there is an early start date on the COS? What should I do now? I am still waiting to get my biometric card so I can resign from my current employer and join the new one. Please help me with your best advice. Thank you.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: COS start date issue

Post by iworker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:51 am

i think with the approval letter, it is safe to resign now.
the card can take up to 14 days.. will be with u anytime soon now.
the rules say u cant work with current employer after start date on new visa. This is due to difference in immigration law and employment laws.