ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI - A&E/GP excluded?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Breev
Newly Registered

CSI - A&E/GP excluded?

Post by Breev » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Like many others I never realised there was a requirement to have CSI when a student/self-sufficient. Now that I am aware of this, I decided to pay for private health insurance as I no longer qualify for an EHIC from my home country.

I've taken out a comprehensive policy, and received the policy documents today. However, they state that GP visits and A&E are excluded from the cover. I opted for full in- and out-patient cover so had assumed these things would be included. Could this prove to be an issue (when applying for a residence certificate) or are these exclusions normal?

I've got 14 days to cancel the insurance so if other insurers do usually include GP/A&E then I wonder if I should change to a different provider?

LilyLalilu

Re: CSI - A&E/GP excluded?

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:10 pm

That's normal and just how the system here works, nothing to worry about. CSI policies usually do not include these types of services yet they still cover you for the majority of circumstances which is sufficient.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Breev
Newly Registered

Re: CSI - A&E/GP excluded?

Post by Breev » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Thanks Lily, that's what I was hoping to hear!