ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying HSMP with holding VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raviplus
Newly Registered

Applying HSMP with holding VISA

Post by raviplus » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi,

This is Ravi. I'm currently in India. Already, i got UK VISA via my employer last month for client work. Now, Personally I wnat to apply HSMP.

1. is it valid to apply HSMP even still hold a UK VISA from outside of UK?

2. If i'll get VISA via HSMP, shall i retain both VISAs? or what'll be the case that time?

Thanks.

raviplus
Newly Registered

Re: Applying HSMP with holding VISA

Post by raviplus » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:59 am

raviplus wrote:Hi,

This is Ravi. I'm currently in India. Already, i got WP via my employer for client work. Now, Personally I wnat to apply HSMP.

1. is it valid to apply HSMP even still hold a WP VISA from outside of UK?

2. If i'll get VISA via HSMP, shall i retain both VISAs? or what'll be the case that time?

Thanks.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Applying HSMP with holding VISA

Post by seanjoe » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:03 am

raviplus wrote:Hi,

This is Ravi. I'm currently in India. Already, i got UK VISA via my employer last month for client work. Now, Personally I wnat to apply HSMP.

1. is it valid to apply HSMP even still hold a UK VISA from outside of UK?

Thanks.
1. yes, you can apply for an HSMP visa from outside the UK, though i would wait to get into the UK and apply from within the UK.
2. If you apply and are successful in getting HSMP approval, when you submit your passport for entry clearance, your work permit will be cancelled.
sean