ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Please. Can the company assign a new COS.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi1
Newly Registered

Urgent Please. Can the company assign a new COS.

Post by adi1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello,

I am applying for a Tier 2 General Extension.
My company assigned me a new COS. But there are mistakes in it regarding the Shortage occupation list question and the current address.
They have marked "Is the job in the shortage occupation list "as Yes. But my job soc code 2139 Software tester is not in shortage occupation list (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf) it is in the Codes of practice for skilled workers ( https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf).

My question is can they assign me a new COS and what happens to the assigned COS(can they cancel/withdraw it ).

Thanks in Advance

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Please. Can the company assign a new COS.

Post by safatafa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 am

Hi
Ask hr to correct it in sponsorship management system getting a new one ll take time and money

adi1
Newly Registered

Post by adi1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:20 am

Hello safatafa,
As the COS is submitted it cannot be amended. They can only write in sponsor note. But this is a major mistake I think. Do the Home office accept this if they write in the sponsor note ?

Thanks

ronychy2010
Mood:
Maldives

Post by ronychy2010 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:47 am

I had similar mistake on COS but my HR added a sponsor note. It was fine. I got the VISA

adi1
Newly Registered

Post by adi1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi ronychy2010,

Just want to clarify as there are 2 changes Current address and Shortage occupation list. Was yours related to Shortage occupation list question.

Thanks in Advance