ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dcsean2001
Newly Registered

English Language requirement

Post by dcsean2001 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Dear member,

I will be applying my wife's naturalisation (AN FORM) in August, for ILR she gave English language test "EDEXCEL ESOL SKILLS FOR LIFE (SPEAKING AND LISTNING)(ENTRY3)(QCF)" in March 2015 and successfully got ILR in APRIL 2015, now I can see this qualification is not in the list of qualification which is acceptable by UKBA, however in the AN form there is an option on page 7 "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;"

Can someone please confirm if she will need to give a new test of Language or she can submit the same qualification and tick the box that she already met the requirement.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Faisal

dcsean2001
Newly Registered

Re: English Language requirement

Post by dcsean2001 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:08 am

Dear All, can someone please help me out with my question. I just dont want to spend £150 on another test unnecessarily.

Many thanks
Faisal

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:13 am

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:57 am

And see Q9
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

balletjie
Newly Registered

Post by balletjie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:06 am

Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has used or tried using a CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) as a means to prove their level of English?
I know it's not included in the list of required qualifications but it seems silly that I am qualified to teach (and have been teaching English up to C2 level) but it does not suffice as proof of my level of English.
I'm trying to see whether I am able to avoid paying the £150 to take the exam...
Your replies are appreciated

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Only the tests/test centres on the UKVI approved list will be accepted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:12 pm

balletjie wrote:Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has used or tried using a CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) as a means to prove their level of English?
I know it's not included in the list of required qualifications but it seems silly that I am qualified to teach (and have been teaching English up to C2 level) but it does not suffice as proof of my level of English.
I'm trying to see whether I am able to avoid paying the £150 to take the exam...
Your replies are appreciated
Do you have a UK degree?