ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship undertaking form for Settlement spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rejoysirvel
Newly Registered

Sponsorship undertaking form for Settlement spouse visa

Post by rejoysirvel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:57 am

Hi,

I am a British citizen. My wife is in process of applying the settlement spouse visa. The sponsorship undertaking form says that the sponsor has to submit one of the following documents (note 1) but i don't have any of them. I only have the DVLA driving license and counterpart sent by DVLA. is it okay if i submit these two documents from DVLA. Please can you advise?

Note 1: The sponsor should provide evidence that he/she lives at the address given above. This evidence should
include one or more documents from the list below. Please note that applicants must also provide evidence of
their sponsor's ability to maintain and accommodate them without recourse to public funds.
 Certified copy of deeds of sponsor's house
 Letter from building society/bank confirming they hold a mortgage for the sponsor
 Housing association/council rent book or other council letter confirming address of sponsor
 Bill from a utility company (gas, water etc.)
 Local authority letter (council tax)
 Letter from any government department[/b][/b]

Many Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Sponsorship undertaking form for Settlement spouse visa

Post by physicskate » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:32 am

No need for sponsorship undertaking form. Just VAF4A and Appendix 2. Do not pay for or submit anything until you have all of the docs already in order.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:47 am

However, you will have to submit evidence of adequate accommodation. If you don't have a tenancy or mortgage agreement how will you provide this?
Do you live with family or in other shared accommodation? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rejoysirvel
Newly Registered

Post by rejoysirvel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is VAF4A and Appendix 2 a separate form from the main online application form?

Also to clarify, my wife will be applying visa from India so it's settlement spouse visa entry clearance.

Thanks

John Green

Post by John Green » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:57 pm

The sponsor undertaking form is only where dependents are involved. The accommodation passages are, I think, on Appendix 2. I was told, on the accommodation front, to try to include the minimum documents. Like a Land Registry statement (if a property owner) and some sort of idea that the accommodation is not going to be overcrowded.

If you complete form VAF4A online, you print a copy out, sign it (as the applicant) and put the signed form with supporting docs. The sponsor fills and prints out Appendix 2 and also includes that with supporting docs.