ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 General - Company Acquired and worried about my visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bharathkumar2007
Newly Registered

TIER 2 General - Company Acquired and worried about my visa

Post by bharathkumar2007 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:56 am

Hi,

I am Bharath. I am an Indian Citizen working for a Software Company in UK under Tier 2 General VISA. I renewed my Visa in May 2016 and valid till May 2019.

My company is fully acquired by another company in June 2016. Legally, There is a change in ownership and directors. I got an information from my operations manager that our Sponsor licence will be revoked immediately once we inform Home office about this change. But he also mentioned we are well prepared to re-apply for the new licence under the new ownership.

My company informed home office and they also said that have applied for the sponsorship licence by july 1st week. But I haven't seen any evidence of applying. But i trust them.

My questions are

1. What is the status of my COS is my current COS still valid. Am I legally eligible and good to stay in UK ?

2. I assume generally it might take 2 to 3 months to get the sponsorship licence for a company. What happens to my VISA during this period.

3. I extended my VISA in May 2016 which is valid till 2019. But If my company gets a new Sponsorship licence, Will they create and assign a new COS again and Do I have to make an another application with new COS again ?.

4. I am travelling to India by 6th of August 2016 and returning on 20th of August 2016, Is it good idea to travel out of the country during this period.

5. Will I be having any problem in the Port of entry, while coming back from India as I am not 100% sure about the status my companies COS licence and not sure about My COS Status either.

My Operations manager is assuring me that i wont be having any problems as they have made the application. He asks me to carry on with the travel plans

I don't want to risk my life by this trip to india and as i live with my wife and kid here.

I can cancel this trip if i could find any small risk associated.

Please advice how to proceed with this.

Thanks,
- Bharath

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 2 General - Company Acquired and worried about my v

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:00 pm

If I were you I would stay put in the UK till you get your new BRP in hand.
Remember you have more rights for whatever reason when you are in country than outside.

Do not risk it and start applying for new jobs in parallel to hedge your risk in case your new company will not get a sponsorship license or it gets delayed!