ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Qualifying for PR

Post by traveller9765 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:23 pm

This board was very useful when i was applying for my eea2 and again need some help from board members. I was issued a residence card of an unmarried partner of eea national and will be applying for PR. I just wanted to know as an unmarried partner do i qualify automatically for PR after 5 years. As i know being married gives you PR automatically I'm not sure about unmarried partners.

Just a little bit worried as well in the worse case that they refuse my application and it doesn't get sorted out in time before the brexit.

thank you

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Qualifying for PR

Post by ohara » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:31 pm

traveller9765 wrote:As i know being married gives you PR automatically I'm not sure about unmarried partners.
Who told you this?

If your sponsor has been exercising treaty rights for 5 continuous years, you should qualify for PR as an unmarried partner.
You can also get permanent residence if you’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years:

as the extended family member of an EEA national and you’ve held a valid EEA family permit or residence card throughout