ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK degree and proof of English knowledge

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gotaquestion
Newly Registered

UK degree and proof of English knowledge

Post by gotaquestion » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:05 am

Hello gurus,

Looking to apply for Naturalization (AN) and have a question regarding proof of English knowledge

I've a UK degree (MSc) taught in the UK

Is the original degree certificate enough as evidence of knowledge of English? Or do I require UK NARIC or letter from university confirming is was taught in English?

Sounds a silly question but the guidelines are unclear on this point
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Appreciate your help

Thanks
Alberto

gotaquestion
Newly Registered

Evidence of lawful residence - passport not stamped

Post by gotaquestion » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:36 am

Hello team

I'm unclear on the evidence of lawful residence during 5 years (in my case) for Naturalisation.

Looking to apply Naturalisation with a non-EEA passport with PR sticker. This passport is not stamped when I come into the UK. (After I applied to PR, I got EEA citizenship and use the EEA passport for travel -- but this one does not have a DCPR)

The AN guide indicates that I would need alternative evidence. For example, "letter from employer... indicating the applicant's presence in the UK".

Is this required in my case? Would a standard employment reference letter work? does it need to say anything specifically e.g. UK based office?

Also, not sure whether they are expecting to verify my declared absences (travel) with passport stamps (which will not be present in the non-EEA passport used for the application)

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: UK degree and proof of English knowledge

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:43 am

English B1 should be ok.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Evidence of lawful residence - passport not stamped

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:04 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Re: Evidence of lawful residence - passport not stamped

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:07 am

For satisfying the residency requirements, see also Annex B: Residence requirements > 2. Checking the residence requirements.