ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried about Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Worried about Spouse Visa Extension

Post by pulleyns » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:36 pm

I am employed and applying for my spouse visa extension in September. My earnings has been reduced this year and in September 2016 my 6 months earnings will be £8000 and if i calculate from September 2015 to September 2016 that be £16000.

I worked some free lance IT work few weeks back and got the cash in hand of 4K which i have not declared yet and need to know how can i combine it with my earnings to fulfill the earning requirements.

Do i have to contact with the accountant to create account for this particular payment or income statement for cash in hand work ? How many months bank statement i have to show.

Secondly Can i show some savings to make up the earnings requirement ?

Please guide.

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Worried about Spouse Visa Extension

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:15 am

You can only apply in CAT A as your last 12 months earning is less than £18,600. Are you in salaried or non salaried employment? Post your earning of each month for last 6 month because not sure how you calculated gross annual salary

Yes saving can be combine but only saving above £16,000 count and it should be held in bank account for at least 6 months prior to date of application

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:08 am

ILR1980 wrote:You can only apply in CAT A as your last 12 months earning is less than £18,600. Are you in salaried or non salaried employment? Post your earning of each month for last 6 month because not sure how you calculated gross annual salary

Yes saving can be combine but only saving above £16,000 count and it should be held in bank account for at least 6 months prior to date of application
Hi

I am employed with non salaried and my wages goes up and down depends on the hours i have worked.

My gross earnings are follow:
I have booked July hours and Gross will be £1300 & August gross will be £2130 ( Holidays pay)

June 2016 Gross - £1602 Paid in July
May 2016 Gross - £1031 Paid in June
April 2016 Gross - £1347 Paid in May
March 2016 Gross - £858 Paid in April
Feb 2016 Gross - £656 paid in March
Jan 2016 Gross - £892 paid in Feb
December 2015 - £1153 paid in Jan
November 2015 - £1070 paid in December
october 2015 - £797 paid in november
september 2015 - £1364 paid in october
august 2015 - £1704 paid September
July 2015 - £1591 Paid August

If i take gross between September 2015 to 2016 it should be above £14000.

I have worked less from last 12 months due to my daughter's health problem which required more attention days and night.

As mentioned above i have done some freelance work too so could you please guide what should i do regarding my Mrs visa. One payment of around 5K will be in my hand within this month and some more work to follow.

Please guide.

Many thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:58 am

pulleyns wrote: Hi

I am employed with non salaried and my wages goes up and down depends on the hours i have worked.

My gross earnings are follow:
I have booked July hours and Gross will be £1300 & August gross will be £2130 ( Holidays pay)

June 2016 Gross - £1602 Paid in July
May 2016 Gross - £1031 Paid in June
April 2016 Gross - £1347 Paid in May
March 2016 Gross - £858 Paid in April
Feb 2016 Gross - £656 paid in March
Jan 2016 Gross - £892 paid in Feb
December 2015 - £1153 paid in Jan
November 2015 - £1070 paid in December
october 2015 - £797 paid in november
september 2015 - £1364 paid in october
august 2015 - £1704 paid September
July 2015 - £1591 Paid August

If i take gross between September 2015 to 2016 it should be above £14000.

I have worked less from last 12 months due to my daughter's health problem which required more attention days and night.

As mentioned above i have done some freelance work too so could you please guide what should i do regarding my Mrs visa. One payment of around 5K will be in my hand within this month and some more work to follow.

Please guide.

Many thanks
Is your wife working? When you apply under CAT A then only last 6 months payslips matter. You are in non salaried so they will add up your last 6 months salary and will divide it by 6 and multiply with 12 to calculate your gross annual salary so if you have earned £9300 in last 6 months then you will be fine otherwise you will need to combine any others source of earning to make the required amount..Read this to find out what source of earning can be combined with source A

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Is your wife working? When you apply under CAT A then only last 6 months payslips matter. You are in non salaried so they will add up your last 6 months salary and will divide it by 6 and multiply with 12 to calculate your gross annual salary so if you have earned £9300 in last 6 months then you will be fine otherwise you will need to combine any others source of earning to make the required amount..Read this to find out what source of earning can be combined with source A

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Thanks for your guide.

In that case if i take 6 months gross which is £8268 ÷ 6 X 12 = £16536

I am short of £18600-£16536 = £2064 OR £9300 - £8268 = £1032

In that scenario i will have to show another £2064 or £1032 from any other source of income.

what should i do about cash in hand income ? Should i register first with HRMC and should i ask for the invoice to be raised and do i have to show UKBA full 12 months bank statement along with accountant 's letter of statement earned from self employment.

Please advice.

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Any one please advice the above.

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 pm

pulleyns wrote:

I am short of £18600-£16536 = £2064
In that scenario i will have to show another £2064

what should i do about cash in hand income ? Should i register first with HRMC and should i ask for the invoice to be raised and do i have to show UKBA full 12 months bank statement along with accountant 's letter of statement earned from self employment.

Please advice.
Yea the above calculation is right for non salaried in CAT A

You can combine self employment but then you need to be self employed for year and they need documents for full financial year and yes one year bank statement..Also salaried or non salaried employment must be earned within same financial year as self employment when you combine them to meet the financial requiremnet

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Unfortunately, you need to satisfy 7(b), etc.:
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of those two years):
(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
Appendix FM Section 1.7 wrote:9.3.3. The evidence submitted must cover the relevant financial year(s) most recently ended. A self-assessment tax return may include provisional figures, where the return explains why this is so and how the figures were arrived at, and in which case a covering letter explaining this and how any provisional figures tie in with other material submitted, e.g. audited or unaudited accounts, may be helpful. This means that a sponsor wishing to rely on earnings from self-employment as a sole trader, as a partner or in a franchise will need to arrange to file their self assessment tax return to HMRC on a timescale geared to meeting this requirement of the Immigration Rules rather than the deadline set for UK tax purposes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:10 am

One last question to clarify

I am non salaried person should it be ok to show 6 months playslip earnings which satisfy the £9300 requirement? or do i have to show them 12 months ?

I read it and fall in CAt A, just want to confirm.

Secondly is that goona be ok if i show 6 months payslip and Mrs have just started the employment and she can only show 3 or 4 payslips prior to application ?

Thanks

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Any one please reply the above

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 pm

pulleyns wrote:One last question to clarify

I am non salaried person should it be ok to show 6 months playslip earnings which satisfy the £9300 requirement? or do i have to show them 12 months ?

I read it and fall in CAt A, just want to confirm.

Secondly is that goona be ok if i show 6 months payslip and Mrs have just started the employment and she can only show 3 or 4 payslips prior to application ?

Thanks
Those applying under Non salaried of CAT A need to show 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statement showing the exact same earning of last 6 months

for second question answer is NO. You cannot combine your wife employment under CAT A if she is not with employer for at least 6 months prior to application. First requirement of CAT A is to be with employer for at least 6 month as said it before

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:06 am

Those applying under Non salaried of CAT A need to show 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statement showing the exact same earning of last 6 months

for second question answer is NO. You cannot combine your wife employment under CAT A if she is not with employer for at least 6 months prior to application. First requirement of CAT A is to be with employer for at least 6 month as said it before
Hi ILR

thanks for your message but if you read the following guidance note it confuses you which is not clear, is that mean we can combine the income of someone who is in the employment less than 6 months with CAT B.

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK
5.3.1. This category can be used where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried or non-salaried employment at the date of application, but has not been with the same employer and/or not earning the income level relied upon in the application for at least 6 months prior to the date of application. It can therefore be used by those who have been with their current employer for less than 6 months, or who have been with their current employer for at least 6 months but earning a variable income and wish to be considered in this category rather than under Category A.

Please advice the worried man.

Thanks

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:08 am

Can we compile Cat A and Cat B as follow:

12 months payslip from employment from applicant partner

3 months payslip by applicant job prior to the application which satisfy the earnings requirement.

Can we combine the above.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:36 am

I dont think you are getting the point there. I have told you what is CAT A and how they calculate gross annual salary in CAT and they will consider only those jobs of you or your wife where you are with employer for at least 6 months

CAT B is for those who started some job recently (i.e it is less than 6 months ) but you need to fulfil following requirement in CAT B

A) You or your partner will be earning £18,600 per annum in recent job even if you started it few months ago
B) Your last 12 months earning including new or previous job make at least £18,600

Now your or your spouse last 12 month earning are less than £18,600 so how you gonna apply under CAT B?

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks ILR1980

Much clear now.

One last question before I close my post.

Prior to application my earning from non salaried job will be 15k plus and as mentioned doing some free lance job too which is started July 2016 and money will be paid in my account?

Can I combine both non salaried and self employed work ? If yes than how will I satisfy the home office regarding taxation on money earned in July 2016 which tax need to paid by next year.

Please advice and thanks for your patience.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:02 am

Hi Vinny / ILR1980

I am in the same situation looking for above advice.

Can we combine employed earnings and self employment work which was done in July 2016 and applying in September.

How to satisfy home office regarding taxation as you know it will be due by next year.

Please guide.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:41 am

softmind82 wrote:Hi Vinny / ILR1980

I am in the same situation looking for above advice.

Can we combine employed earnings and self employment work which was done in July 2016 and applying in September.

How to satisfy home office regarding taxation as you know it will be due by next year.

Please guide.
sure you can combine earning from employment with self employment if it was earned within same same financial year as self employment..secondly you must be in self employment for one year and need to provide these for sole trade

(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years
(where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of
those two years):
(i) Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out);
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
(c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
(d) Each partner's Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the
partnership or business.
(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank
statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
(f) Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing
that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the
person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2
National Insurance contributions, or (where the person has reached state pension age)
through alternative evidence (which may include, but is not confined to, evidence of
ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums, employer
National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the parent company).
(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
(i) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for
the last full financial year; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited
accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation,
from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined
in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial
Accountants;

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 am

ILR1980 wrote:
pulleyns wrote:

I am short of £18600-£16536 = £2064
In that scenario i will have to show another £2064

Please advice.
Yea the above calculation is right for non salaried in CAT A

You can combine self employment but then you need to be self employed for year and they need documents for full financial year and yes one year bank statement..Also salaried or non salaried employment must be earned within same financial year as self employment when you combine them to meet the financial requiremnet

It doesn't make any sense by home office. Some people go for extension in June and some in july and so forth.... why they asking for financial year earnings in case of self employment.

I believe financial year started from 6th April 2016 to 5 April 2017.

In my case are they gonna ask statement from April 2016 to April 2017 ? if yes than how would i justify this as per 12 months earnings ? i will be applying in october 2016, so in that case i will have to prove £18600 earning in 6 months ?

My earnings from this financial year in non salaried employment are £8000 !!! do i have to show them more £1300 to make up (as per 6 months £9300) or should i have should them for full £18600 for this year because i am combining employed and self employed earnings.

Can someone do the calculation please. I will really appreciate that.

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 am

pulleyns wrote:
It doesn't make any sense by home office. Some people go for extension in June and some in july and so forth.... why they asking for financial year earnings in case of self employment.

I believe financial year started from 6th April 2016 to 5 April 2017.

In my case are they gonna ask statement from April 2016 to April 2017 ? if yes than how would i justify this as per 12 months earnings ? i will be applying in october 2016, so in that case i will have to prove £18600 earning in 6 months ?

My earnings from this financial year in non salaried employment are £8000 !!! do i have to show them more £1300 to make up (as per 6 months £9300) or should i have should them for full £18600 for this year because i am combining employed and self employed earnings.

Can someone do the calculation please. I will really appreciate that.

Thanks
I dont think you are getting the difference between employment and self employment. When you are in salaried or non salaried employment then you get pay weekly or monthly and tax also deducted on weekly or monthly basis which is not the case with self employment thats why they ask account for last full financial year no matter when you apply. If someone apply in june 2016 then they need to show the tax return for last full finacial year ended in april. Bank statement also cover the same 12 months period as tax year. Your earning from jobs should also fall within same finacial years and beside this you need to prove that your self employment is still ongoing. Self employment is complicated because there are more chances of deception as people normall make few buisiness transaction before their extension, pay tax on it and here you get all documents at the end of tax year and they found many cases where busisness did not even exist..

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:29 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
pulleyns wrote: I dont think you are getting the difference between employment and self employment. When you are in salaried or non salaried employment then you get pay weekly or monthly and tax also deducted on weekly or monthly basis which is not the case with self employment thats why they ask account for last full financial year no matter when you apply. If someone apply in june 2016 then they need to show the tax return for last full finacial year ended in april. Bank statement also cover the same 12 months period as tax year. Your earning from jobs should also fall within same finacial years and beside this you need to prove that your self employment is still ongoing. Self employment is complicated because there are more chances of deception as people normall make few buisiness transaction before their extension, pay tax on it and here you get all documents at the end of tax year and they found many cases where busisness did not even exist..
Great.

In my case i am applying in october 2016 i need to show my employed and self employed from April 2016 - April 2017 ? Thats pretty much clear now

As mentioned already earned £8000 in current financial year and does the same rule apply here when combining self employment and employed salary as in 8000 / 6 x 12 ?

And as far self employment xxxx / 6 x12 ? or is that supposed be calculated all in full as £18600 combining both ?

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:53 am

Thanks for clarification ILR1980

Cheers

pulleyns
Newly Registered

UK NARIC Statement

Post by pulleyns » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:06 am

My Mrs already provided statement of compatibility of her degree from uk NARIC fir English language requirement.

Do we still have to send it again because we did send on her 2.5 year visa clearance.

Curious

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:09 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:16 am

Not sure if 31 falls under 32D? To be safe, send it again?

pulleyns
Newly Registered

Post by pulleyns » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:24 pm

vinny wrote:Not sure if 31 falls under 32D? To be safe, send it again?
Thank Vinny

Wondering if UK Naric is able to give a copy of statement of comparability which was used last time, Home office didn't return the last one we sent.

Cheers