ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR – Employment History Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

libertywish
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ILR – Employment History Issue

Post by libertywish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Very helpful forum.

I have to apply for my ILR under tier 2 category. Hmrc cannot find my employment history for the year from 2011 to 2012.

1. I was employed under tier 2 category with the company ‘X’ from 2011 to 2012

2. I have wage slips for the year from 2011 to 2012 but no p60. The wages were paid into my bank account.

3. Then in 2012 company ‘X’ Licence was transferred to Company ‘Y’ and my employment (with same job title, same salary and same working place) was transferred to company ‘Y’.

4. I didn’t have any issues during extension application. I only found out this when asked the Hmrc to send my employment history

5. The last four years seems to be fine and I have p60s as well.

My questions is, can this have any effect on my tier 2 ILR application? I am quite worried about this.
I hope someone will answer my question.

Thank you.
Best Regards.

JoeLawerence2
India

Re: Tier 2 ILR – Employment History Issue

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:07 pm

You should not have any issues if your employer paid taxes to HMRC, but there may be an issue if your first employer had not paid any taxes for that year where your employment history is missing. So contact HMRC and find out if the issue is because of a glitch on HMRC side or has your employer not paid any tax at all.

If they confirm that your employer has paid taxes then it doesn’t matter if your employment history is missing on HMRC side. P60s are not required to be submitted for ILR through Tier 2 route, IMO Home Office won’t check your HMRC records unless your employer has been flagged as a tax defaulter.