ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long did it take you to get a Schengen visa to Spain?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PennieLQ
Newly Registered

How long did it take you to get a Schengen visa to Spain?

Post by PennieLQ » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi all,

My husband and I are Chinese citizens. We handed in our applications for a Schengen visa to the VFS Manchester - Spain, on 3rd June, and we haven't heard anything back since.

The tracking system only shows that the applications are forwarded to the Spain Operation Centre, Edinburgh. The website says that the visa takes a minimum of 4 weeks to process, and the staff in VFS says they can't guarantee a maximum time.

I understand this is peak season. That's why we applied two months in advance to our trip. But it's already been five weeks, and I'm getting worried. So I just wonder, has anyone actually successfully got a visa from the Spanish embassy? How long did it take?

Thanks a million!

Pei.

RoselovesRomania
Newly Registered

Re: How long did it take you to get a Schengen visa to Spain

Post by RoselovesRomania » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi Pei,

I haven't applied for Spanish visa myself. But I have heard from friends that it actually takes very short time to issue the visa, usually within a week.

I guess the delay in your case could be that you didn't submit it directly to Edinburgh, so that your applications might be in a long queue. Two years ago (also in June) I tried to book an appointment with Spanish embassy in Edinburgh, I needed to wait for 5 weeks, so I gave up.

I suggest you could try to contact the embassy in Edinburgh directly? I don't think VFS is bothered.

Hope the application turn out fine for you. :)

Regards
Rose