ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence periods-Tier1-Ent.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Absence periods-Tier1-Ent.

Post by Yasmeen22 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Dear gurus,

I wonder about allowed absence outside the UK under Tier1-Ent visa to be qualified for ILR and Naturalisation. I have read different rules but I do not know which rules we have to follow, 180 days each 12 months for 5 years (900 days outside the UK) to be qualified for ILR, and I have read the to be qualified for naturalization you have to have absence not more than 450 days during the last 5 years and 90 days absence in the last year. When we connect the above rules, we cannot understand it. Please clarify.
Thanks
Yasmeen

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence periods-Tier1-Ent.

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Why ?? What is the confusion ????
ILR and Naturalisation applications have separate conditions and are not much related. Because you hold ILR for a year, does not mean that you will automatically be eligible to apply for Naturalisation.
For example as a Tier 1 Investor, you can potentially be eligible for ILR in as low as two years , but you still need to live here for min of five years to be eligible for Naturalisation and have all the other conditions.

- To be eligible for ILR you must have absences of less than 180 days in each year.

- For Naturalisation, you must have been
1) absent for only 90 days or less in the last year AND
2) absent for less than 450 days in the last five years
(basically to show that UK has been your primarily country of residence in the last five years)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

friend87
Newly Registered

Post by friend87 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi Zimba

During first year I left UK for couple of times and after closely counting days I was away for more the 180 days do I need to apply for a second extension and even have to maintain 12 months employment after second extension before ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:08 pm

friend87 wrote:Hi Zimba

During first year I left UK for couple of times and after closely counting days I was away for more the 180 days do I need to apply for a second extension and even have to maintain 12 months employment after second extension before ILR?
Yes. You need to apply for 2nd extension and possibly maintain your jobs for extra 12 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Dear Zimba,
Many thanks for your answer,
If I have absence 450 days at the end of the first year of ILR, this means one year after ILR,my absence 90 days not 180 days in all 6 years from my entry date to the uk, Can I apply for Naturalisation?.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:21 am

Yasmeen22 wrote:Dear Zimba,
Many thanks for your answer,
If I have absence 450 days at the end of the first year of ILR, this means one year after ILR,my absence 90 days not 180 days in all 6 years from my entry date to the uk, Can I apply for Naturalisation?.
Yes, If you satisfy the conditions I mentioned.