ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR without FLR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Poster
Newly Registered

ILR without FLR

Post by Poster » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:50 pm

Hi,

I am on working in UK as Workpermit holder. I am intending to apply for change of employer (Work permit transfer). As soon as I get my new work permit, can I directlly apply for ILR without FLR?

Thanks,
Poster

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:09 am

Can you post some more details of your case or the hypothetical situation.

In the event of you changing employment and being issues a new WP, you will have to file for further leave to remain before you can work for your new employer. On that basis if you you go to the PEO and submit letter of continued employement they might ask you to file your FLR. IMHO, you cannot do that. Moderators or other seniors can correct me if thats inaccurate.

Can you ask your new employers to wait a couple of months before you take up their offer? You have another month before you can apply for ILR.. Nov 2004? I would go the safer route personally, sort out my status before looking for a change.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:10 am

Ah, just to add.. call up in advance and book your appointment otherwise you might not be able to get the date of your choice when you go to the PEO.