ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE_Employer change under ICT long term staff

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajnib29
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVICE_Employer change under ICT long term staff

Post by rajnib29 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi,

Please can you advice on few of my points :-
1. If an ICT long term staff who came 1st under short term ICT then extended the visa to long term ICT but came to UK after 1 April 2011 can change employer if he/she has resigned from the current employer?
2. If not, how long he can stay in the UK? and if yes, does he has to go to India for getting the COS?
3. Does all dependents can live until the visa expires or they also have to go back to their home country?
4. Is there any other category under which the main applicant who has got ICT long term staff visa can apply for?

Your early response is much appreciated.

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: URGENT ADVICE_Employer change under ICT long term staff

Post by poper » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:56 pm

rajnib29 wrote:Hi,

Please can you advice on few of my points :-
1. If an ICT long term staff who came 1st under short term ICT then extended the visa to long term ICT but came to UK after 1 April 2011 can change employer if he/she has resigned from the current employer?
No, the immigration rules do not allow an employer switch for someone who has applied for a Tier2 ICT post April 2011
Also, as you've quoted one cannot extend from Tier2 ICT Short Term to Long Term Visa. The appicant will need to leave the country and make a fresh application for Tier2 ICT Long Term

See also

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 98916.html

2. If not, how long he can stay in the UK? and if yes, does he has to go to India for getting the COS?
As per the current rules - Tier 2 ICT Short Term - 1 year, Tier 2 ICT Long Term - 5 years
For employer switch, the applicant will need to serve 12 month cool off period before applying for Tier 2 General/ICT

3. Does all dependents can live until the visa expires or they also have to go back to their home country?
NA
4. Is there any other category under which the main applicant who has got ICT long term staff visa can apply for?
Not many options apart from switching to a dependent visa or Student Visa(Tier 4)

Your early response is much appreciated.

Thanks
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ruchi29
Newly Registered

Post by ruchi29 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:02 am

If someone who came to UK after April 2011 has resigned in the current employment under ICT long term staff can he/she change the employer from his home country since the visa is valid until Mid 2017? Also how long can he/she stay in the UK after resigning?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm

The ICT leave is tied to the employer. Once you have resigned, your leave is invalid. In your case, the original leave that you state was valid till Mid 2017 is no longer valid. You will need to serve a 12 month cool off and then be eligible for Tier 2 to start afresh.
ruchi29 wrote:If someone who came to UK after April 2011 has resigned in the current employment under ICT long term staff can he/she change the employer from his home country since the visa is valid until Mid 2017? Also how long can he/she stay in the UK after resigning?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 pm

When you resign, your employer is obliged to let HO know about your termination within 10 days of you leaving
The HO may curtail your leave to 60 days but this normally takes time
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.