ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1G to ILR Online Payslips - Is employer letter required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rdee007
Newly Registered

T1G to ILR Online Payslips - Is employer letter required?

Post by rdee007 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi,

I have my appointment in a week and I am confused about the requirements on payslips for earnings evidence. The guidance on previous earnings assessment reads:

"These should be original formal payslips showing the employer’s name. Other payslips must be accompanied by a letter from your employer, on the employer’s company headed paper confirming the earnings"

In my case, what I have are online payslips that have been signed and stamped by the employer with the note "this is a true copy of the original". It's a big company and I don't think they will be able to provide anything more customised (and even if they do, it will take a while).

Would the above suffice and have people had successful outcomes with signed and stamped payslips?

Please advise.

Cheers!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: T1G to ILR Online Payslips - Is employer letter required

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:30 pm

rdee007 wrote:what I have are online payslips that have been signed and stamped by the employer with the note "this is a true copy of the original". It's a big company and I don't think they will be able to provide anything more customised (and even if they do, it will take a while).

Would the above suffice and have people had successful outcomes with signed and stamped payslips?
Yes, what you have will be fine. I did exactly the same when I applied and had no issues.

rdee007
Newly Registered

Post by rdee007 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you so much cs95tdg, that's a big relief!

Cheers!

rdee007
Newly Registered

T1G to ILR - Evidence for initial long absence (5 months)

Post by rdee007 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello,

I am confused regarding the requirement to provide evidence for absences while on Tier 1 General. I had an absence break of about 5 months in the first year, when I was not employed (but studying abroad) but since then, have had only ~40 days absences over the next 4.5 years, when I have been on continuous employment. The situation is that I first came to the UK to do a short internship, went back to school (4 months), traveled for a month, and have since then been here in the UK but for short trips abroad.

The only evidence I can provide for the first 5 months of absence is perhaps a personal letter, and copy of my diploma perhaps to demonstrate that I was not working in any other country.

I consulted with a solicitor and based on his suggestion, I am applying this week however I was confused after seeing the below post where someone was refused ILR as he had not provided any evidence for long absences:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 97868.html

Can you please advise if there is any risk with going ahead with my application? If there is any risk, I will have to change my appointment before end of day tomorrow, so would appreciate a quick response. I can certainly wait for another 6 months to apply but was hoping to get this done with.

Thank you!

Cheers!

rdee007
Newly Registered

Re: T1G to ILR - Evidence for initial long absence (5 months

Post by rdee007 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:37 pm

Can someone comment please? As I understand, you can provide a personal letter for absences while unemployed. In my case, I was studying abroad and applying for jobs in the UK, through campus recruitment, and eventually secured a job through that channel. I have email proofs of interviews I attended during this time. Would that suffice? Will the absence (5 months) be considered as linked to initial purpose of entry into the UK as in essence, I was upskilling myself for a suitable role in the UK.

Thanks!

rdee007
Newly Registered

SETO question - filled in by a representative

Post by rdee007 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:13 pm

All,

If I have the form filled in by a solicitor, including the representative section but the solicitor will not be accompanying me on the day of the premium appointment, would that be OK? To be specific, if the case worker needs any extra documents / clarifications on the day of the appointment, will they still check with me or look to directly reach out to the solicitor? Please advise. My appointment is in 2 days.

Thanks!

vinny

Re: SETO question - filled in by a representative

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:01 am

As you will be available to them, I suspect that they will look at you to provide any more information.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aadeshagasthya
Newly Registered

SETO question

Post by aadeshagasthya » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 am

please Vinny and moderators help me out about filling set o form section 6.1, 6.4 and 7.13

My Tier 2 visa was granted from outside (India) the UK on 2nd October 2011 travelled to the UK on 28th November 2011 (57 days after visa granted).

Going through set o form today and I got confused about how to fill

Section 6.1- when did you (the main applicant) first entered the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which the applicant is based

Possible Answer? Is it the starting date of my tier 2 visa (date entry clearance was issued 2nd October 2011) or the first entry date to the UK (28th November 2011)?

ALSO

Section 6.4- when did you last enter the UK? Is it the date entry clearance was issued (2nd October 2011) or the day I landed in the UK (28th November 2011)?

THIRDLY

Section 7.13- How long have you lived in the UK?

Do I calculate from the day entry clearance was issued (2nd October 2011) or from the day I landed in the UK (28th November 2011)?

I will be so much be glad if you can advise me about this?

Thanks

Aadesh Agasthya

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi rdee007,

Did you eventually get your ILR even with the initial long absence? Did you submit an letter etc to cover it