ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Healthcare Surcharge Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magicman316

Healthcare Surcharge Question

Post by magicman316 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:24 am

My brother (British Citizen, on DLA so exempt from Financial Requirement) is sponsoring his wife (Pakistani) to come here from Pakistan to UK on UK Spouse Visa 2.5 year visa.

Online we have managed to get the IHS number and under fee it says Nill. or 0.00 which means they do not want any payment. But I'm confused as to why, as I thought everyone has to pay £500, or £200 per year or the visa.

I cannot see in the list of exemptions how he/she would be exempt from it, so not sure what to do? Will they have to pay later or can this be a problem for their application? Her appointment is later in the month in Islamabad.

Also, could it be to do with being exempt from financial element that they do not have to pay the IHS Surcharge?

Grateful for your help!
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Healthcare Surcharge Question

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:32 am

Did he filled the IHS section correctly ?

When you don’t have to pay or get an IHS reference number

You don’t need to get an IHS reference number or pay the healthcare surcharge if:

you’re applying for a visitor visa
you’re applying for a visa (from outside the UK) for 6 months or less
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain
you’re a diplomat or a member of a visiting armed forces and not subject to immigration control
you’re a family member of a European national with European Union treaty rights
you’re applying for a visa for the Isle of Man or Channel Islands
you’re a British Overseas Territory citizen resident in the Falkland Islands
you’re an asylum seeker or applying for humanitarian protection (or you’re their dependant)
you’ve been identified as a victim of human trafficking (or you’re their dependant)
the Home Office’s domestic violence concession applies to you (or you’re their dependant)
being made to leave the UK would be against your rights under Article 3 of the European Convention of Human Rights (or you’re their dependant)
You’ll be able to use the National Health Service (NHS) if you’re exempt from paying - except if you’re on a visitor visa or any visa that will only last for 6 months or less (that you applied for from outside the UK). You’ll have to pay for care you get through the NHS at the point you use it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Did they select the correct visa category and sub catogory??

>Settlement
>>spouse
>>>wife

IHS should be £600 for a spouse visa from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:49 am

Settlement > Spouse > Wife

is exactly how its been done.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!