ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to attach photo on the citizenship application form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Intrepid V

How to attach photo on the citizenship application form?

Post by Intrepid V » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:44 am

Greetings. The following question may sound ridiculous, but I'd rather be 100% sure I am doing everything properly.

On the application for British citizenship form, how to actually attach my photograph in section 5 (Referees and Identity)? It says that the photo "should be glued or pasted into the space". In practise, does this mean I'm meant to actually stick it on with superglue or pritt stick? But then, what's the point in writing my name and date of birth at the back - they will not be able to detach the photo without tearing it...What do people usually use?

Thanks!

longhorn

Re: How to attach photo on the citizenship application form?

Post by longhorn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:02 am

Intrepid V wrote:Greetings. The following question may sound ridiculous, but I'd rather be 100% sure I am doing everything properly.

On the application for British citizenship form, how to actually attach my photograph in section 5 (Referees and Identity)? It says that the photo "should be glued or pasted into the space". In practise, does this mean I'm meant to actually stick it on with superglue or pritt stick? But then, what's the point in writing my name and date of birth at the back - they will not be able to detach the photo without tearing it...What do people usually use?

Thanks!
Not exactly superglue :) but any normal paper glue would do. And no it wont tear your photo when you detach it. When I applied, I had to actually detach and attach a new one. :) I didn't have any glue when I applied but luckily NCS agent had plenty.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Pritt stick
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Intrepid V wrote:But then, what's the point in writing my name and date of birth at the back - they will not be able to detach the photo without tearing it...What do people usually use?

Thanks!
Having the name written on the back of the photo is presumably a precaution in case you use non-branded glue and the photo falls off the form somewhere within HO HQ.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 pm

I used Elmer's Glue All.